Tracked mewp.

Aaron Gustar

Hi all looking into buying a tracked mewp. Probably second hand or ex demo. Would need to be 20m plus and possibly go on 3.5ton trailer. Any one know which ones are best or crap. Our 24m lorry mounted has died and thought it would be best to replace it with a tracked one. Any thoughts would be great thanks.

We recently brought a Teupen 21m and purpose built trailer.

Only took delivery couple of weeks before Christmas but so far so good.

Not cheap. Had a couple of issues but back up has been spot on.

Look at a few of different machines and the Teupen seemed the best

. [ATTACH]174889[/ATTACH]

That looks like a very nice set up there, I've used the 30m teupen but not the smaller one. What sort of money was that if you don't mind me asking (pm if you prefer)

Cheers

That looks like a very nice set up there, I've used the 30m teupen but not the smaller one. What sort of money was that if you don't mind me asking (pm if you prefer)

Cheers

Best part of £80k.

Personally I prefer the set up of the 21 and 23, in comparison to the 30m. The 2 main booms gives you more flexibility to get into and around the canopy and you can generally have your drop zone well away from the base of your mewp. That said it takes a lot longer to get set up before your in position to get working, in comparison to the 30m.

Regards Neil

Neil

Looks a great set up and a good machine that. What is the deprecation like on a machine of that value? After 3, 5, 10 years? Do you have a long term plan for how long to keep it for? Not that i want to buy it off of you (would be nice lol) but interested in how the figures stack up as a MEWP is something I have considered buying myself.

Cheers

James

Best part of £80k.

Personally I prefer the set up of the 21 and 23, in comparison to the 30m. The 2 main booms gives you more flexibility to get into and around the canopy and you can generally have your drop zone well away from the base of your mewp. That said it takes a lot longer to get set up before your in position to get working, in comparison to the 30m.

Regards Neil

Neil

Looks a great set up and a good machine that. What is the deprecation like on a machine of that value? After 3, 5, 10 years? Do you have a long term plan for how long to keep it for? Not that i want to buy it off of you (would be nice lol) but interested in how the figures stack up as a MEWP is something I have considered buying myself.

Cheers

James

James

I got offered a 2007 23m just before I order this one and if I remember rightly it was £35k without the trailer.

Decide to go for new as 21m as better features, shorter folded up length, more outreach but only 2m smaller and there is always a reason that someone's selling something (probably cause it's becoming more trouble than it's worth)

Business wise over the years we have been spending a lot of money hiring them in so I took the plunge to invest. I bill it on as an extra to normal day rate but that said it will be 300+ days use before its paid for itself.

The good thing we found is we have it available if required, so last week when the lads we struggling to get lines into a big Lime for the next days ivy removal job they were able to take the Mewp. Didn't earn any extra but job didn't overrun.

I'm pretty positive that it's a good business move but only time will tell.

Thanks for that Neil,

I think you simply have to add extra on for the machine per day. If you had to hire it then it would cost you as much if not more!

We hire a 27 metre Omme and thats too large for most of our jobs but does have awesome outreach when you need it. Think you have chosen wisely with the 21m as most of our work would be around that size also.

Cheers

James

James

I got offered a 2007 23m just before I order this one and if I remember rightly it was £35k without the trailer.

Decide to go for new as 21m as better features, shorter folded up length, more outreach but only 2m smaller and there is always a reason that someone's selling something (probably cause it's becoming more trouble than it's worth)

Business wise over the years we have been spending a lot of money hiring them in so I took the plunge to invest. I bill it on as an extra to normal day rate but that said it will be 300+ days use before its paid for itself.

The good thing we found is we have it available if required, so last week when the lads we struggling to get lines into a big Lime for the next days ivy removal job they were able to take the Mewp. Didn't earn any extra but job didn't overrun.

I'm pretty positive that it's a good business move but only time will tell.