brake band under warranty?

mattyboy

Exactly the same as me. Imagine if you're running as fast as you can and stop suddenly on the spot, think of the strain that will put on your ankles, knees and hips. It works the same way with a saw.

Too true.. any production cutter worth his salt who knows what he is doing doesn't putt the brake on, .. the ones that put the brake on are hobby users or or the people cutting there own firewood with usually a blunt 35cc saw. But if it keeps safe let them carry on.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too true.. any production cutter worth his salt who knows what he is doing doesn't putt the brake on, .. the ones that put the brake on are hobby users or or the people cutting there own firewood with usually a blunt 35cc saw. But if it keeps safe let them carry on.

Aye you're probably right there. I've just finished my rack so it's dinner time 😁😁

I'm a home user and my saw is kept sharp and I use the brake when I put the saw down running in case a branch or something catches the trigger. In your other post about slowing the saw down by putting it in the tree, why would I want to do that ? I've been using a saw for over 30 years but as you are using it in a professional capacity I will listen to your explanation then carry on as I was, blissfully ignorant :lol:

Every seventh or so. Hard to tell. It's for a forwarder so it's getting racked straight up n down but the rows have been planted diagonally across the hill.

Yeah i know what you mean, makes it hard going if your working on the downhill, sore on the back... young mans game. Keep at it,

I don't see what the issue is, if the saw is at idle then the brake merely holds the clutch drum in place - bit like putting your car brakes on at standstill:confused1:

Sure, the snap action will cause some slight wear but better to do that than take a slip, grab the throttle and bingo, hospital food:thumbdown:

I am like Peaff - home firewood but do pull wood out of ditches and the like so if I am positioning myself on uneven ground before I take a cut, the chain brake is on - I am usually by myself so even more important to stay safe!

I think the issue Steve for some of us old feckers is the young knob jockeys strait out of collage being told to snap the bugger on at every opportunity with their finger still on the gas . No mechanical sympathy whatsoever ! ...Bonkers :001_smile:

Haha, I've done it for the last seven years. I feel like an old man now that's for sure

Been doing it pushing thirty years since i left school . Just a productive as when i was 25 but to be honest it bores me more than it used to, plus the avhes and pains seems to last longer than more as time goes by.