New member new saw

pinhead

Well I am not getting anywhere with the 026 so I think it's time some one else had it 

It starts up straight away as it should and runs lovely just lacks grunt will tick over all day and doesn't big when throttled so some one who doesn't know any better will be happy 

On another note I have tach ed the 036 and it was screaming pulling 15.5k and only slowing down to 12.5 -13 In the cut any how i gave it a tune 

Low idle seems happest at 1 turn exactly as per factory but to get the rpm down it needed 1 3/4 out on the H I hope this s not an indication of a problem now pulls about 10k in the cut and 4 strokes niceley out of it the plug is not grey but not as perfectly tan as i would like so i am going to give it some more work and recheck it 

Edited by pinhead

22 hours ago, pinhead said:

On another note I have tach ed the 036 and it was screaming pulling 15.5k and only slowing down to 12.5 -13 In the cut any how i gave it a tune 

Low idle seems happest at 1 turn exactly as per factory but to get the rpm down it needed 1 3/4 out on the H I hope this s not an indication of a problem now pulls about 10k in the cut and 4 strokes niceley out of it the plug is not grey but not as perfectly tan as i would like so i am going to give it some more work and recheck it 

Trouble is lots of stuff gets sold when there are problems.  Sure there are a few genuine "got no use for it" or "need the money" type sales but there are very few real bargains because the value is so easy to establish with the Internet. Plenty of stolen goods too i guess but i digress.

Caution is the order of the day which you clearly know. 

Personally I'm never happy with a used saw until I've found (and fixed) a few problems, in the hope that was why it was up for sale. .... Twisted logic :lol: 

You can get lucky but yeah most saws being sold are being sold for a reason.  I sell mine off when i think they are going to start costing me money.  Someone always happy to pay over the odds for used saws too which i will never understand

I agree that used saws seem to make too much money and that's why I jumped on this when I saw it 

I will get a set of rubber pipes for it and a carb kit and give it a service and see if that makes a diference but i am happy with the purchase on the whole as the saw runs top notch just needs the H out a bit far 

Edited by pinhead