Green Party on a green surge....

SteveA

I find economics confusing; which is probably how they like it :confused1:

One thing for sure is that the increasingly rich/ poor gap is causing major problems in society.... when it gets to the point where ordinary people (some of which work their arses off) are having to resort to food banks something has clearly gone very wrong.

I'm not saying people don't deserve bonus' for doing a great job.... but it's the shear scale of bonus that is wrong.

Footballers get paid far too much.... but it could be a great help if they were taxed at 80%

Scale of bonus probably wrong but again I don't care if it's their money not ours so to speak. The UK would not keep it the investors would so it makes no difference to us other than higher tax receipts.(from the bonus) football should be banned:001_tt2:

But you're dead right the biggest problem is the difference in income from highest paid to the lowest paid.

The dailymail doesn't help either:lol::lol:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe this should be in the free speech thread instead..

BBC News - Greens call for clear-out of 'climate change deniers'

I think Natalie speaks complete sense on this.

It's sickening how we end up with people in a position of power like climate denier & fool Owen Paterson (ex Secretary of State for the Environment).

You're welcome to post it on a free speech thread, if you like :thumbup:

Unfortunately I feel that the green party ideas are made by someone that watches a bit to much countryfile. The highlights of my disappointment are shooting being banned no more me and dog working the hedgerows. You can shoot a squirrel but you can't enjoy it though. Ban on rodent poison which is ridiculous. Increase in green power, on the face of it thats fine but I don't want more turbines which are a serious waste of money and landscape, and a lot of the biomass we burn in our power stations comes from over the atlantic not very green.

So we live in a free and democratic society but if an individual disagrees with Green Party policy they should be summarily dismissed from their post?

Or to put it a different way..

If Nigel Farage picks a policy, he then expresses opinion that all state employees who don't fully support this policy should be summarily dismissed you'll fully support him?

So we live in a free and democratic society but if an individual disagrees with Green Party policy they should be summarily dismissed from their post?

Or to put it a different way..

If Nigel Farage picks a policy, he then expresses opinion that all state employees who don't fully support this policy should be summarily dismissed you'll fully support him?

Thats an interesting point that you raise Wood wasp, however, I think that there is a distinction between holding a valid, but different, opinion and simply denying scientific evidence? Climate change deniers are increasingly losing any credibility and are surely ocuppying the same intellectual space as, for example, creationists. It wouldn't be acceptable to have a creationist education minister would it?

Folks;

First I agree our climate is changing.

BUT

We experienced Ice ages and interglacial periods while mankind was running about in little but a fur lioncloth.

AND

Any anthroplogical influence is primarily due to excessive population growth.

Which produces many other nature-unfriendly by-products apart from Co2, like over-fishing, despoiling natural(and the more beauitful the better!) beaches to build tacky resorts for drunken holiday makers etc etc.

marcus

PS

When I see the Green Party promoting, birth control, eugenitcs and euthanisa, I may perhaps sign up, because, only then, would they seriously be delivering on their promises.