Trail Cam security

Logsnstuff

Was thinking of something similar for catching the bastards vandalising my machines but can't decide if it's worth it. Will police use it to charge them? Doubt it and would they just get nicked at the time of damage.

Was thinking of 12 bore poachers mines to scare the crap out of them but in public areas probably not a great idea. Did here of a chap using them round his log yard and never got any grief after they went off a few times. Maybe be worth it if your securing yards.

Was thinking of something similar for catching the bastards vandalising my machines but can't decide if it's worth it. Will police use it to charge them? Doubt it and would they just get nicked at the time of damage.

Was thinking of 12 bore poachers mines to scare the crap out of them but in public areas probably not a great idea. Did here of a chap using them round his log yard and never got any grief after they went off a few times. Maybe be worth it if your securing yards.

shame can't just use a 12 bore. getting them nicked is my worry also especially if you put in phone cards. you can get steel boxes to place them in but I need some convincing especially when you need 4-6 of them to cover most of the yard.

spoke to DK Logs he was getting his diesel knicked eventually caught the guy on camera turned out was some travellers down the road he called the police took them 2 days to turn up by then guy had done a runner.

Edited by Logsnstuff

Hello logs there's a wildlife cam at our yard now , sorry other than being black and strapped to the tree , that's all I know about it. There's a mad bottle smasher busting bottles in the gate way that needs to be sorted out. Take it your thief was after logs and nothing else.

I'd imagine a nice visible trail cam 20 feet up in a tree would put a lot of scrotts off. Unless they are like spider man they would struggle to climb the tree and remove it.

I've seen trail cams where the memory card is kept remote from the actual camera, even if the camera is nicked you still have the card...

The local council put CCTV into my flat to monitor a neighbouring derelict building. A neighbour was burgled - scrott charged and found guilty thanks to the CCTV.

anyone using trailcams for security, caught a thief this afternoon but can't decide which to buy. any recommendations. thinking along the lines of

Buy Spypoint Mini Live and Mini Live 4G Cellular wildlife camera trap - shop at suppliers Scott Country

I purchased a trail cam to catch trespassers and vandals in my wood. Unless you have CCTV warning signs up the footage is hard to use in court and of course the signs encourage people to look for the cameras and then they tend to go missing. I didn't bother with the signs

I have found mine a great use for letting me know when someone was there and as I'm only a couple of minutes away I would just drive over and catch them in person.

Hello logs there's a wildlife cam at our yard now , sorry other than being black and strapped to the tree , that's all I know about it. There's a mad bottle smasher busting bottles in the gate way that needs to be sorted out. Take it your thief was after logs and nothing else.

ye, he was just after logs.

could maybe put signs up with a couple of dummy cameras in the open to take the abuse.