CS100 Winch mount

Hi I run a small electric winch fastened to the bottom of the van behind the seats and wired up to an aux battery, I pull it into the back of the van and tow a trailer to chip into.

I have also put a jockey wheel on the front of the chipper so I can guide it in very easily.

Drop me a line and I can send some pics.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On slightly different note, I've lost a part of it (the small knob that holds the belt cover on), which must have shaken of on a job somewhere. Where is the best place to order wee parts from?

Tim

Most garden lawnmower handle are locked up using 8mm bolts pushed into a plastic knob!!

Pop in to most garden mower suppliers and they should have them in stock or PM me

Like others, I can push ours up the ramps okay, it's just managing the balance really - but have yet to find a way to lower it back down without it over balancing. There's no natural tie in point near the tipping point - if you see what I mean. I got a boat type winch but while it helps control the descent it still topples over one way of the other. Like the jockey/front wheel idea. Any one got any pics?

Looks a tidy little set up where did you buy it?

I put it together myself using a couple of fiddle blocks and 10 meters of 10mm rope at a total cost of about £60.

The one in the picture is from SherrillTree and similar sets are available around £100-200 all in.

[QU OTE=morten;1224812]I put it together myself using a couple of fiddle blocks and 10 meters of 10mm rope at a total cost of about £60.

The one in the picture is from SherrillTree and similar sets are available around £100-200 all in.

That's great cheers il have a look for a few of them

I use the stopper a lot, a jockey wouldn't work for me.

When I got my Cs I struggled to get it into my container, I went to my gym and asked the instructor to give me excercises to build the relevant muscles, I told him I'm trying to move a wheely bin full of bricks in gravel! He smiled.

With in a month I was so much stronger and I could get Gloria anywhere!