An idiot alone

the village idiot

Damn you Graham, I thought you said you'd got them all!

Oh for the love of Loki !!:thumbdown: They're as bad as the deer those trumped up conjurers. You take them down to a stable population (zero in the case of the pointy hat brigade) and more come in to take their place.

I have taken action straight away Bren. I was up all night digging 100ft pits all over the wood and covering them with sticks and leaves. Those stupid Wizards, they stroll around like they own the place, guarenteed to fall in:thumbup: All I've got to do is remember where they aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Balls:thumbdown:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up all night digging 100ft pits all over the wood and covering them with sticks and leaves. Those stupid Wizards, they stroll around like they own the place, guarenteed to fall in:thumbup: All I've got to do is remember where they aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Balls:thumbdown:

:thumbup::D:D

TVI

Yep can remember trains running coal to hadleigh coal yard, once the railway had gone it was used as a footpath. we were always playing on there as kids, used to sit on the embankment and shoot street lights with air rifles at hadleigh end. The small footbridge was known as hunters bridge. We used to walk as far as that, playing in the various old workmens sheds along the line. And when i was in the TA used to regularly run as far as the level crossing and back.

Memories eh!!

Surprisingly good reception 100ft down in Suffolk!

Sounds like you were a right little rascal Mr. Musk! I currently use Hunters Bridge to extract timber from the neglected coppice in the North, to the hardstanding areas in the South of the Wood. The bridge is starting to look a bit sorry for itself so I may need to stop taking a tractor and loaded trailer over it. Bizzarly the bridge doesn't appear to belong to the woodland owner, despite the fact that he owns all of the wood and there is no public access:confused1:

It is probably owned by the council which means the chances of getting expensive remedial work done are slim to non-existant. Time to plot another extraction route!

Hi VI, just read your history of Raydon wood, I own 40 acres of coniferised ancient woodland in south norfolk (part of about 170acres) which was also USAF base during WW2 and used to have a network of concrete tracks running throughout, but most have been removed leaving rides lower than surrounding woodland floor which unfortunately means they're under water a good part of the year although we do have a good show of common spotted and the odd twayblade orchid if conditions are right. I even considered scraping the rides lower so they're permanently flooded for floating timber out!

Still would like to come n see puffin billy at work sometime,

John

Hi John, interesting stuff! Would be very interested to come and have a look if that would be alright? When and why were the concrete tracks taken out?

Billy will be back in action in the spring. Do come down and have a play:biggrin:

its it anywhere near raydon pit where they have the motorbike trials

Not as far as I know. I haven't heard any bikes buzzing about. I do get mustangs flying over and some lunatic does acrobatics over the wood in another machine.

Farmer_ben is probably your man for motorbike trials, he may know.

The history geek in me is coming out! I love this stuff it's great finding out my local history. I was talking to my elderly neighbours who remember the airbase being in the woods I guess needs must during the war and thoughts on ancient woodland were completely different to how they are nowadays

Hi Andy, yes the history is really interesting. I often find bits and pieces from wartime in the wood. The really fun part will be when we start to de-silt the ponds. There are getting on for 30 in total, and apparently the Americans were in the habit of chucking all manner of things into them. They have never been dug out before and I've heard reports of items being seen in the silt when the ponds dried out in the summer of 76.

The really fun part will be when we start to de-silt the ponds. There are getting on for 30 in total, and apparently the Americans were in the habit of chucking all manner of things into them. They have never been dug out before and I've heard reports of items being seen in the silt when the ponds dried out in the summer of 76.

Ooh, that sounds interesting, you never know what could be buried in the silt Graham?..

I do like a bit of archaeology :thumbup:

Hi Andy, yes the history is really interesting. I often find bits and pieces from wartime in the wood. The really fun part will be when we start to de-silt the ponds. There are getting on for 30 in total, and apparently the Americans were in the habit of chucking all manner of things into them. They have never been dug out before and I've heard reports of items being seen in the silt when the ponds dried out in the summer of 76.

If you find anything good, I can put you in touch with somebody who would likely be interested. :001_smile: