Second Hand ms200T or new T540 XP or ms201T??

The Tree Co

Let's face it, in 10 years, when Stihl and husky launch the new saws, there will be uproar about how good the 201 was, how powerful and fast the 540 was, how flimsy the new 202 and what ever husky call the new 40cc topper (probably the 740), blah blah blah, the 200t will be remembered as the big, heavy brick with bags of torque, which if somebody appears with, nobody will want to use on account of its weight!

Sound familiar? Only currently, those models are the 201, 200t and the 020avs! I believe the same was said when the 020avs was replaced by the 020t?

Given that the 200t was pulled in 2010/2011, part availability is only a few more years now, 020t parts are largely discontinued, with flippy cap parts replacing them, the 020av parts are rarer than rocking horse crap. It's high time we all progress, the new saws are faster and more powerful, they break easier because they're lighter. If you're so careless to get it stuck in forks, shock-load the components by dropping it or clumsy and drop them, learn to take more care of the tools you need to earn your living.

Finally, the 200t was crap! However you look at it, it was crap! The carburettor would break down after a few months, the av went soft and sheared, the kill wire broke down as soon as you looked at it, it had more substantial leaks than the titanic, it had an intake pipe that either split or pulled off, the oiler blocked by the third fill and then it pissed oil out on the floor, flippy caps snapped, leaked or refused to lock, the exhaust bolts ejected themselves, the plastic would get that caked in crap it cooked the cylinder, handles snapped, bearings seized, and when the casing was split, they'd eject themselves!

You ask any techie/mechanic what saws they worked on the most, 200t is top of the list! But they were such good saws with no problems...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, in 10 years, when Stihl and husky launch the new saws, there will be uproar about how good the 201 was, how powerful and fast the 540 was, how flimsy the new 202 and what ever husky call the new 40cc topper (probably the 740), blah blah blah, the 200t will be remembered as the big, heavy brick with bags of torque, which if somebody appears with, nobody will want to use on account of its weight!

Sound familiar? Only currently, those models are the 201, 200t and the 020avs! I believe the same was said when the 020avs was replaced by the 020t?

Given that the 200t was pulled in 2010/2011, part availability is only a few more years now, 020t parts are largely discontinued, with flippy cap parts replacing them, the 020av parts are rarer than rocking horse crap. It's high time we all progress, the new saws are faster and more powerful, they break easier because they're lighter. If you're so careless to get it stuck in forks, shock-load the components by dropping it or clumsy and drop them, learn to take more care of the tools you need to earn your living.

Finally, the 200t was crap! However you look at it, it was crap! The carburettor would break down after a few months, the av went soft and sheared, the kill wire broke down as soon as you looked at it, it had more substantial leaks than the titanic, it had an intake pipe that either split or pulled off, the oiler blocked by the third fill and then it pissed oil out on the floor, flippy caps snapped, leaked or refused to lock, the exhaust bolts ejected themselves, the plastic would get that caked in crap it cooked the cylinder, handles snapped, bearings seized, and when the casing was split, they'd eject themselves!

You ask any techie/mechanic what saws they worked on the most, 200t is top of the list! But they were such good saws with no problems...

It's true and I won a 200t on eBay for penny's just so I could reminisce and fiddle with it, it has carb issues but so what its not my main saw

In our company we have 7 guys that are cutters, and the boss only buys stihl. Until now, the 200t are still the better saw. Yes, yes, we do have a box of old carbs..... lots of old carbs, but they do run better and faster than the old 201t. Saying that, none of the 201t's that we have, have yet broken down.

I'll correct you the current 201 is decent the old ones were terrible

You make a fair point, correction accepted. Though i did say it in that way because for me, the new 201t m-t is the "current" one. Not sure who has what where at the moment :001_smile: