Bad dreams

Stereo

I feel for you, bad dreams can affect your mornings and days so easily.

Firstly, I don't suffer them very regularly but I do suffer from dreaming about waking up late pretty much every Sunday night into Monday morning. Its probably caused by being at my girlfriends house and knowing i need to get up and travel 50 miles home before the working week.

My girlfriend suffers the same reoccurring nightmare of her late husband dying in front of her, unfortunately this one was real and it happened and its doubtful she will ever stop having them. Its worst / more frequent around anniversaries or birthdays etc and with Christmas around the corner...

As per above, the brain is a funny ole thing, and one we don't fully understand.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for more comments / tips. Kent, that sounds awful. Good job she's got you around now. I've got nothing like that really. Back in 2003 or so we did lose our first baby and I suppose I've never really got over that. I'm so lucky that I've had 3 boys since who are all fine when so many never get to that place. I know I am blessed but I can't ever shake that feeling in the hospital. I think that's when I hit the booze to be honest.

Fast forward to trying to wake up out of this booze thing and I find a new level of reality. I spose that's it. All those fears I put away with a bottle or 2 I now have to face. They are just fears, not reality.

I need a slap. I've got the world at my feet and I would rather go back to bed and moan on a forum. Jesus.

Fears could be causing anxiety, anxiety adding to stress, stress can lead to depression

My honest advice would be to go and see your GP and explain your situation.

You've done extremely well to kick the booze, a very deserved well done to you.

Never feel you can't come on here and talk about things, it will always help to clarify things into perspective.

Do you have any hobbies to help you relax away from work etc?

Hobby is tree stuff to be honest. I'm a farmer of sorts by trade. I like being in the woods though, coppicing hazel and stuff. It. Does help to let it out and here is a good place. You wouldn't get the same self awareness on a farming forum. But I guess you guys have to be right in body and mind or you can pay a big price.

All that said I watched our war about the lads in afghan last night and wondered what the hell I am bitching about.

Some times it does take seeing something on telly to put our lives in perspective, be it war, famine etc.

I am surprised about the farming forum considering the history of depression in farming. Like many walks of life, i guess many manly farmers feel they can't sit around and discuss their feelings.

I found following our break in and issues in my relationship which all landed at the same time, i wasn't in a good place. I came on here and vented which helped hugely. Best of all my good friend came down and we spent a whole evening drinking beer and putting the world to rights. It all put things into perspective, then the next day i was at work and cut me finger open on a pair of secateurs and instead of feeling got at like before, i just swore at my stupidity and stuck a plaster on it.

As a tree surgeon, yes you do need to be in a good place mentally, but also its a great way to loose yourself in work when there are problems at home or in your life. Mind you I have said the same about mowing in the past, requires little thought and gives you exercise lol.

Give yourself a day off some time and do something you have always wanted to do, it will give you a target to look forward to and an experience with memories afterwards.

Something i go by a lot is:

Work to live, not live to work.

Third that!!

I know people that have had bad hypnotherapy experiences...

So never get your trees cut because some guys in a van made a mess once!

Choose who you go to, do your homework, ask about for recommendations ,the hypnotherapy at the end of your hour or so chat is a small part of the session.

So never get your trees cut because some guys in a van made a mess once!

Choose who you go to, do your homework, ask about for recommendations ,the hypnotherapy at the end of your hour or so chat is a small part of the session.

I agree with that, but the workings and bio-mechanics of a tree are a lot more measurable and predictable than the depths of the human mind and psyche (and dare I say it the human soul). In the course of my work (rehab and addiction stuff) I've encountered people who have suffered horrendous damage to themselves through opening "doors" they know little or nothing about. I've been to hell and back in my own battle with addiction. Thankfully I've got through it and now help others through.

I've seen some excellent treework done and love being a part of this forum. I'm learning a lot from people such as yourself.

I have never yet met anyone who has a good, lasting outcome from hypnotherapy. It's just where I'm at with it having seen what I've seen.

(Nice mog set up by the way) :)

Thanks all for your comments. The humour is fine. The dreams seem to be an extension of what has happened. Like the worst thing. So, the other day I lost some of my rare breed hens to a fox. Bad but not life ending. That's life. So last night I had some weird dream which started off with me finding one of them and developed into some mad story where the chicken farmer next door (there is none in real life) had stolen all my birds and then his crazy dog had eaten them. Then there were other people and my brother worked for him and eventually told me his name was 'Staddon'. I don't know anyone called Staddon. Anyway, the whole thing escalated and all my rare breed hens got mixed up and stolen or let out or eaten or something and it all ended up with me being in a nightmare, out of control situation and my business in ruins. There were people coming through the hedges and busting down fences and birds everywhere.

This sounds nuts I know but I put a hell of a lot of work into my rare breed poultry and make a few quid out of it. So to have it all torn apart is hard to take. The stupid thing is that it still affects me after I have been up in the morning and seen that they are all fine. Gave me actual stress today which is totally stupid. Hard to explain and that is just one example. There are other scenarios. I guess I'm just more awake than I was on the booze and need to learn how to deal with that.

The thing is that the dreams are so real that I have to constantly confirm what has happened and what has not. Fricking nutcase.

I thought these type of dreams were perfectly normal. Daytime anxieties, even if unrecognized or acknowledged as such, become manifested in dreams or nightmares. For example, Kenty's girlfriends dream re-occuring around anniversaries and birthdays - the periods when those that have gone are in the forefront of the mind.

I experience these a lot about trees:lol: the night before something difficult or awkward. If I see the job before doing it, I often visualise how I'm going to do it and work out what the major difficulties are going to be. Then, maybe for a few nights before I dream about it. I also talk in my sleep, even answer questions, if I've things on my mind.

It doesn't bother me much, so I've never sought solutions to preventing them, but I can't recall dreaming as much when I used to drink heavily. Maybe the alcohol subdued the active part of the mind.