Help pricing

ifanrhys

I'd price in a 3rd man if I was you. The picture in my mind is a large defective Ash being rigged down and a pile of crap building up on the deck waiting for you.

Large cavity etc? Not inspiring me a great deal. Sounds a load of hassle being that far away start smaller work out your daily costs, tipping, what income you want, what profit you want.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want the work and need to be competitive then really think the job out- ie could you get it doen in a day with 3 of you (will work out cheaper than 2 for 2 days) likewise if you think you will get it all down in a day, do you need another person helping you next day if your just moving timber if you finish at 12 on the second day with 2 of you unless you have another job to go onto you still have to pay the groundie the full day.

It all well and good saying just put 2 days 2 men on, but you may not get the job if someone else is quoting and thinking along the same lines as above.

Just a thought.

Also if your not needing a chipper (presumably you hire one otherwise?) £500 per day for 2 blokes no chipper would be considered quite a lot down here. perhaps you can reduce the price a bit by not having the chipper- surely you can still make a good profit at £350-£400 per day if you don't have massive outgoings.

It can be easy to be greedy and not get the job.

Price it high and add in that if they want to shift the wood themselves then you can knock off a hundred quid ;) . Don't get caught out pricing it for a day and then working in the dark or having to go back the next day for free.

Wise words :thumbup1:. I,m sure most of us on here have been caught out like this at one point in our working lives . 75 mile round trip n all :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...