Stihl MS 211C fuel pipe has come off

RealEstate

Hello Stihl experts,

Managed to catch my 211 on a branch which pulled out the primer bulb.:thumbdown:

One of the pipes has come off the bulb, so saw doesn't seem to be getting any fuel. :thumbdown:

See pic below

Stihlprimerbulbprob2.jpg

Tried to wiggle pipe back onto bulb with tweezers, but to no avail.

So how to get the fuel pipe back on? Do I have to remove the air filter housing and carb...:confused1:

How best to do this? Any hazards, eg fly away springs etc, to watch out for?

TIA :001_smile:

Stihlprimerbulbprob1.jpg

Undo the 2 nuts and remove the black plastic air baffle, then undo the 3 screws 2 at the top and one at the bottom and pull the black filter housing off, its a tight fit and may feel a bit of resistance but it will just pull off and you should be able to get at the pipe and primer.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a go, but my standard socket set attachment is too fat to go down the hole to the top two screws. It seems the screws are Torx T27.

Do I need a Torx screw driver or slim line socket or what...?

Is there a magic screw driver set that does all things Stihl?

TIA

Its the cack handed way but you may be able to undo them using a flat screwdriver that fits into opposite parts of the hole as they are only into plastic they shouldnt be too tight, and a 1/4 inch drive 8mm socket to remove the air baffle nuts.

Edited by Ray1