Planning ahead

staffordtreecare

Morning all,

I setup my business on April 1st this year and I can't be happier with the way it has gone so far! I have had about 5 days since with no work and my client list has expanded nicely. When I started I never expected it to go as well as it has so I am really chuffed!

I am starting to slow down a little at the moment with enquiries and although I am booked up till the 12th December I am starting to get a little worried about the new year. I have got a couple of courses booked in and about 20 tonnes of wood that needs to be logged so I have plenty to do but I have a lad that works for me and i really don't want to lose him so need to keep him busy.

My question to the more experienced business owners is what can i expect in January and february? Is it really quiet?

Cheers Stu

We run a tree surgery business and landscaping teams.

Treework is constant, but landscaping dies off considerably.

One of the reasons our treeworks keeps going through the winter (apart from building a good name) is because we invest in advertising..

Thanks

Timon

I always try to move some December work into Jan, in fact that's where I'm booking now, back to work 5th of jan and booked up for 2 weeks after. Have a chat with the customer and see if they can wait.

I've just started doing the same thing. The last job is for the 12th december and then I'm going to do a week of logging before finishing for xmas. The two jobs i've had in since have been put straight into January.

Good to know the tree work is fairly constant as thats all we do (and hedges)