What's so hard using a lanyard?!?!

mikedrums69

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its like telling somone you must wear a seat belt. its really down to them. if it works for you cool man.

i used to off road (motorbikes) i used to ride stupidly aggressively with no added protection one of my knees doesn't work properly when its cold. but i chose that, i now accept it/ live with it. and i wouldnt advice/tell anyone to do anything they arnt cool with. unless new to the sport or activity.

Tell us about how it happened.

Don't particularly want to over it again. As those above my position and part of investigation choose to ignore the facts and advice from there internal advisors and made some complete crap up. Disregarding completely what I saw. From the point he was in the tree to the point he was on floor.

When I trained I was discouraged from using a second anchor and it's kinda stuck, this was at merrist wood about 20 yrs ago.

I do use one now but not as often as I should and it's the other end of my rope not a lanyard.

Not a good thing but I have to bite my tongue sometimes watching the young uns strop in every cut they make thinking to myself "I'd have stripped that out by now and be on the way down".

I respect that. That's how it was back then. My boss has been in the game for 20-30 years and he hardly uses a second point. I accept that people are gonna stick to what they know, I know I do.

I also accept that when people are a in a safe work position cutting well away from their main line, they may not feel the need to. We've all done it from time to time.

It's when people are anchored in the top of a stem. Zip back down to work from bottom up, on spikes but choose not use a lanyard/flipline while cutting near their main line. That's when I have to scratch my head and think why?!

It's when people are anchored in the top of a stem. Zip back down to work from bottom up, on spikes but choose not use a lanyard/flipline while cutting near their main line. That's when I have to scratch my head and think why?!

Now i can agree with that entirely