Tree climbing legality

quixoticgeek

I climb in the local council owned woodland fairly regularly and never had any hassle, I just make sure the tree isn't over a footpath or road for deadwood falling onto anyone. There is always someone who is intrigued but nothing more. If it is a private tree it's always best to ask but in my experience most say no

If you venture on private land which is trespass which is classed as civil offence which means the land owner can bring charges to you. If I caught any one they would be told they couldn't climb without permission which wouldn't be given because of disturbance to the shoot. Always best to ask first

I climb in the local council owned woodland fairly regularly and never had any hassle, I just make sure the tree isn't over a footpath or road for deadwood falling onto anyone. There is always someone who is intrigued but nothing more. If it is a private tree it's always best to ask but in my experience most say no

I used to do this in my local park, I used to practise my climbing when I started out.

Best to pick a tree outsight, otherwise people tended to gather round.

Think the biggest issue would if your on your own and your get into difficulty

good luck

tree

Trespass: the unjustifiable interference with land which is in the immediate and exclusive possession of another

in reality this is typically understood by the courts to mean that IF: you have intention to steal or damage, you steal or damage, you posses a firearm, you don't leave once asked by the 'possessor' or their agent then you are committing trespass.

so if you don't damage the tree AT ALL and no-one asks you to leave you're not trespassing there are implications if you're causing danger to others but it should be possible to eliminate this IMO

People that wild camp allot tend to advise that the key is to be as low impact as possible, quietly climbing in a tucked away place in neutral color clothes etc is less likely to draw unwanted attention than laughing & shouting to each other climbing a prominent tree in hi-vis clothes, all that said its preferable to get permission from the owner and i typically find this very easy to ascertain.