Twins.

Orchard

We got a 3 year old boy and just had twins 11 week ago. What a bloody nightmare it is! Anyone else got twins, how do you cope! My mrs is needing me around loads to help with them but I need to get more work done? Any suggestions appreciated (realistic ones)!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my twins are 6 a boy and girl.i know exactly how you feel.i used to go to a job and fall asleep in truck .advice is hard to be practical ,but you neeed to work as a team .you need to work and earn cash for nappies etc ,but your wife will need time away from looking after twins or else she will go into meltdown.i would say be patienc and not to put work first.things will get better in time but for the meanwhile you need to get yourselves in a routine so at least you know what is happening when.if you have grandparents availible to help use them .we didnt so had no escape.forget your social life ..ours became non existant and the thought of nipping ou to the pub for a swifty was a no no .all i can say is look after your missus or you will suffer!!

jake:thumbup:

congrats for the kids

We didn't have twins, though did have three kids under 4. I tried helping with the night-time feeds and it nearly killed me. Get into a routine, especially at bedtime. Get rid of the TV and drink camomile tea before bed.

Communicate and ensure you get some decent sleep through the night. It sounds sexist but she will be able to manage if you take care of some of the day to day stuff. Make sure she and your eldest are well fed and cared for and she'll care for the little ones. Do the basics, washing, washing up, shopping, cleaning.

Get used to being a zombie for a couple of years and be diligent with theirs and your feeding and sleep patterns.

Don't neglect your eldest. The remarkable thing with love is its inexhaustible capacity to grow and there will be an abundance in the household. Ensure you tell your boy he is loved even though the wee ones require a little more time at the moment. Oh, and your partner.

We got a 3 year old boy and just had twins 11 week ago. What a bloody nightmare it is! Anyone else got twins, how do you cope! My mrs is needing me around loads to help with them but I need to get more work done? Any suggestions appreciated (realistic ones)!

3 year old girl here and twin girls who were 12 weeks yesterday.

It is quite tough isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Thanks for the advice, our parents are still grafting so we don't get much help. I am trying to help as much as can by doing washing, (can't iron though) shopping, bottles and all house related things but the pair of us are goosed! I go to bed at 10 and get up at 2 the wife goes at 2 and gets up at 7 or 8. Our 3 year old is doing well with it all but he keeps trying to pick them up which is interesting. As you say routine is the key to it all!

Mark- how are you finding your work life? Any harder with being tired all the time?

I am doomed! :-(

The best times are from 3 up to eleven, before they get to high school, once they go to high school it downhill from there, my girl is seventeen and had took to her bedroom, we hardly see her, shes having driving lessons today( guess whos paying) driving instructor seems to think she will need about 25 hours worth of lessons = £ 700....and what do I get back in return? A load of cheeck.

Work is good when I'm actually at work!

The tiredness thing is ok, we turn in pretty early and I usually only have to get up once in the night to feed the little twin.

The hard bit is catching up on all the little things that go on behind the scenes, servicing, sharpening, quoting, admin, quaffing Stella in the workshop etc.

As soon as I get in now I normally have a screaming little ball of dung passed to me.

We think they may be non-identical.ImageUploadedByArbtalk1415435355.088918.jpg.a82b42a2e178d6c10ff7cbfbd8a67e7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk