Kindling in hertfordshire

Big steve

Just out interest what do u guys use to make your kindling??

I bought a fuel wood kindling machine few yrs ago

Never have used it

Got 18 ton 2yr old poplar in 4 m lengths about 8-10 inch diameter

Thought puttin it through processor with no splitting wedge to get logs then into kindling ??

Just out interest what do u guys use to make your kindling??

I bought a fuel wood kindling machine few yrs ago

Never have used it

Got 18 ton 2yr old poplar in 4 m lengths about 8-10 inch diameter

Thought puttin it through processor with no splitting wedge to get logs then into kindling ??

I would get a few pieces and give it a go every batch of timber is different especially Pop. Some is more stringy and notty than others. If you have a kindlett you will need the splitter in your processor to get it under 6inches or it wont go through. You may be better buying it wholesale and doubling your money and concentrating on bagging logs. Kindling is twice the work of bagged logs.

I would get a few pieces and give it a go every batch of timber is different especially Pop. Some is more stringy and notty than others. If you have a kindlett you will need the splitter in your processor to get it under 6inches or it wont go through. You may be better buying it wholesale and doubling your money and concentrating on bagging logs. Kindling is twice the work of bagged logs.

All my logs are loose loads

No bagging

Load with 1.3cubic metre bucket on forklift

I've never sold kindling and lot people say it's hard to sell for some reason

My cousin bought a lorry load several yrs ago and still has half left and does around 400 loads a yr!

I like idea of being able to do it in rain as it's in shed or for half hour at time when it's not worth getting log processin gear out

Nick

You have to educate your customers, they need kindling to start a fire, they need to buy it from somewhere and they will. It may well be a garage, side of road etc. When they place an order state that you are now selling kindling how many nets would they like.

You are going to them anyway with logs so why not make a bit extra by selling them Kindling.

Nick

You have to educate your customers, they need kindling to start a fire, they need to buy it from somewhere and they will. It may well be a garage, side of road etc. When they place an order state that you are now selling kindling how many nets would they like.

You are going to them anyway with logs so why not make a bit extra by selling them Kindling.

They can see it on the web site

I advertise it but since new website gone live not had one enquiry and had over 75 loads ordered and delivered from it

When we retailed logs we did not mention kindling when taking the log order. If you offer it at time of order customer thinks not another add on, too much info overload.

when you deliver the logs hold up 3 bags and say 3 for £12 if it looks top quality, neatly packed, no bark, not mouldy and black, value for money then nearly every customer will buy it.

If you own a machine you may as well have a go and get it out your system.

I have more kit making kindling than I did logs and it takes more room and needs more organising to make it pay.

We only sell wholesale but have plenty of demand and struggle to keep up in the middle of winter.