Pressure washers

jamesd

I got a Maplin email this morning , they have the one with the hose reel on the handle for £129.99 and a few other cheaper ones.

Cheers for that, I'm quite interested in this one at the moment:

Nilfisk E140.3-9 S X-tra Pressure Washer - Nilfisk Domestic Pressure Washers - CleanStore

Looks good, I have budgeted around the £200 - £250 mark as well

What do you think?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another vote for the Nilfisk. I've a PTO driven washer with Cat pump but wanted something wee and handy for bikes, mowers, and stuff. Didn't even know there was any such thing as Nilfisk pressure washers till I did a bit of research on the net.

Anyway, bought one, think that was 4 maybe 5 years ago and it's working away, think it was 50-60 quid mark. Hardly had the PTO washer on since.

Will check out the model number if it helps.

I suppose the higher the pressure the better?

Not necessarily, you also need to factor in water flow.

Our PTO washer has no greater PSI than some of the domestic washers but shifts over 5 gpm, it could cut you in half!

Pay heed to flow rate in the spec as well.

Another vote for the Nilfisk. I've a PTO driven washer with Cat pump but wanted something wee and handy for bikes, mowers, and stuff. Didn't even know there was any such thing as Nilfisk pressure washers till I did a bit of research on the net.

Anyway, bought one, think that was 4 maybe 5 years ago and it's working away, think it was 50-60 quid mark. Hardly had the PTO washer on since.

Will check out the model number if it helps.

If you could see what model number it is that would be helpful! There are so many different ones...

I've got a Nilfisk as well. Better value for money than the Karcher equivalent when I was looking earlier this year.

I've got an E140.2-9 S X-TRA which I think has now been replaced by the E140.3-9. Cleaned a lot of patios/concrete and even timber decking with it for people using the patio cleaning head. Been spot on. Got it from this place http://www.brownspressurewashers.co.uk/ but through their eBay site.

There was a petrol pressure washer for sale at Aldi 2 or 3 weeks ago, came with a 3 year warranty I think. Seemed good value for the price and a bit more mobile with not having to have electric to power it. Don't know if it was any good though

Edited by Ashes_Firewood

I've got a Nilfisk as well. Better value for money than the Karcher equivalent when I was looking earlier this year.

I've got an E140.2-9 S X-TRA which I think has now been replaced by the E140.3-9. Cleaned a lot of patios/concrete and even timber decking with it for people using the patio cleaning head. Been spot on. Got it from this place Browns Pressure Washers, Supplying Ayrshire and Scotland but through their eBay site.

There was a petrol pressure washer for sale at Aldi 2 or 3 weeks ago, came with a 3 year warranty I think. Seemed good value for the price and a bit more mobile with not having to have electric to power it. Don't know if it was any good though

Ok thanks for that i've had a look at that website as well and they seem to be selling them cheapest that i have seen.

Not necessarily, you also need to factor in water flow.

Our PTO washer has no greater PSI than some of the domestic washers but shifts over 5 gpm, it could cut you in half!

Pay heed to flow rate in the spec as well.

As wrsni says. Also another guide is motor wattage which will be related to flow and pressure. So for wattage /power read cleaning ability, that's why the PTO and petrol models are better.

It might be worth keeping an eye on screwfix offers. I had About £70 off normal price when I bought mine