Slew seals

elfinwood saws

Went one of my local seal suppiers for seals and nylon wear rings for the 4 slew pots on the Osa and they had them all in stock and a good price £70 i would recommend trying Fluid Power ltd Darlington if you need seals they also make seals on a cnc machine sameday sevice and postal service.

It always amazes me that a lot on here seem to hunt for bearings and seals in the equipment manufactures box. They do not make the seals and bearings so a timken bearing or the like will be just as good at a fraction of the price. Almost all bearing and seal suppliers offer a next day service so I would suggest doing what ES has done and get the parts quicker and cheaper probably. You just have read the number or get the seal or bearing measured.

It always amazes me that a lot on here seem to hunt for bearings and seals in the equipment manufactures box. They do not make the seals and bearings so a timken bearing or the like will be just as good at a fraction of the price. Almost all bearing and seal suppliers offer a next day service so I would suggest doing what ES has done and get the parts quicker and cheaper probably. You just have read the number or get the seal or bearing measured.

:thumbup::thumbup: well said that man :thumbup:and if you can't grease modify till you can,( timberwolf).

Indeed. Remove, stick them in the post 1st class. Then they can measure them with the proper tools, well worth the cost of a stamp.

For other simple things like batteries, filters, oils and greases, your local motor factors is worth a ring. Mine deliver usually within a couple of hours of me ringing. Saves me absolutely hours in time, I really recommend it. :thumbup1: I can even get chainsaw oil from them.

Too many operators are now simply operators and have no idea of where to source seals, bearings etc from let alone be competent enough to fit them .

To be fair, if your business model involves new kit under warranty, and moved on before hassles really start, then why would you bother? Nothing wrong with being an exceptional operator. Just the same as plenty of folk use book-keepers and accountants, even though it's fairly easy to do yourself.

I will admit that I'm the complete opposite. Lathe, milling machine and the plasma cutter as as important as diesel for keeping my junk running :lol::lol:

I believe that it's important to understand the fundamentals of machinery servicing/ maintenance , too many operators will keep going until it stops rather than be able to identify a small problem and resolve it before it gets to the stage where serious down time in incurred and they are complaining that they done have a machine to operate .

He'll I'm with you on the workshop equipment :-)