Give us a clue...

Yournamehere

And while Lionel Blair tries to pull off Twelve Angry Men in under two minutes and Una Stubbs looks on in wide eyed amazement, tell me what you think of this.

Got a little old Dolmar 100; handy little thing, pocket sized, handy for fighting with rhodoredendron and the like.

But...

Choke on, pull, pull, pull brm, choke off, pull, pull brm brm brm: fine: for ten seconds, then stops.

As many times as I care to repeat the above, the above repeats. Tis as if 'choke on, pull, pull' delivers just enough fuel to the carb to run for ten seconds but no more gets there after that.

Turned in low screw a tweak and...Wow sexy chainsaw noise neee eee eee ow... for ten seconds!

Turned out low screw a tweak and dobber dobber dob dob...for ten(ish) seconds.

Trying to restart without the choke fails but choke on pull pull and always away.

Any throttlage and it dies.

Any ideas?

split/cracked fuel hose

blocked internal gauze filter

split impulse pipe

they will all cause these symptoms.

Cheers GK

Must admit I had been thinking, 'what if the fuel pipe was split; what symptoms would I see?' but hadn't considered the other pipe - so I shall have a look.

Just bin looking at some 'sploded diags - that filter looks tiny! Looks like I take off the top cover, gasket, diaphragm, filter.

What could go wrong!

I'm ok with bike stuff but this is a bit out of my comfort zone but I shall give it a go. I'm quite capable: all I lack is confidence.

Wish me luck; I'm going in.:001_smile: