Makita 7901 bar?

Tree Man Tom

Asking this question on behalf of the boss, we are running one of these, and its a bloody good saw! It came with a 20" bar but hes wanting the biggest bar he can for it so this saws full potential can be acheived :thumbup1: So....

Whats the biggest bar this saw will take?

Where can he get one from?

Cheers :001_smile:

Asking this question on behalf of the boss, we are running one of these, and its a bloody good saw! It came with a 20" bar but hes wanting the biggest bar he can for it so this saws full potential can be acheived :thumbup1: So....

Whats the biggest bar this saw will take?

Where can he get one from?

Cheers :001_smile:

Mine came with an 18" bar (standard) and I subsequently fitted a 24" sprocket nose bar which suits the saw very well. The biggest bar Makita supply for this saw is a 28" but I've got a horrible feeling it's a solid nose bar - avoid! My local dealer sold me the 24" for £30 as a guide. I can supply one if you want...:001_smile:

Oregon make 30", 33" and 37" for the 7901 but imo these would be too large. 28" max I reckon...:001_smile:

Asking this question on behalf of the boss, we are running one of these, and its a bloody good saw! It came with a 20" bar

:001_cool:

Mine came with 18, bought a makita 24 bar for it,runs well with bar that size but bar showing signs of wear already,gonna put a stihl 25' bar (using bar adapter) when the 24' wears out.

Ps very underrated saw!!

th_MOV04812.jpg

Hi TMT

Have to agree regarding the Makita. It is an excellent saw; reliable and very powerful for its size and weight. I use it with a 28" bar on my Alaskan Mill and it hasn't missed a beat.

The bar itself is an Oregon, badged Dolmar, and came as part of the purchase deal. It is a solid nose but I haven't had any problems. I use Oregon ripping chain.

I did ask the Makita rep if it would take a longer bar and he gave a qualified yes but the 28" is the longest bar they approve and supply as an extra.