• Worth being a member
    • Not worth being a member

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its definately worth the membership IMO but i do think they could offer the Arbs a bit more as i feel its very biased toward consultants (check out the conference programme this year and you may agree) although Bathurst probably fills in the gaps and is free to members.

Just being a member now allows you to state that on your advertising which could be a good thing.

AAAC will not help you in the private market I have heard and becoming AAAC has questionable relevance where ISO 9001 etc cross over it. Although i could stand to be corrected.

Its only £100.......

When you go to an AA 'meeting', its just a huge apprecitation society, they the top lads blow smoke up each others bums, and call each other like wee girls in the play ground. I do agree, however if you are on a course, you can gleen some info from the journals, but, just loan or buy the lonsdale books, its all ever needed.

i have only ever seen one approved aa contractor working, maybe they ticked all the boxes on the day of their assesment, but they were breaking every rule i could think of the day i saw them operate. how is it monitored? do they do un anounced site visits? or do they give you plenty of warning so you can look squeaky clean on the day.:001_smile:

Stephen, who monitorss the conduct, efficiency and proficency of these bodies?

I've been a member of both the AA and the ISA.

Join the ISA - Much better! They are friendly, they care about our industry and they don’t have their heads up their own arses!

(sorry mods, tried to find an alternative expression to get my point across, but couldn’t)

Being AA approved, by NO means, makes a perfect business!!! I now a few that are run by baffoons!, Or even the man who bought a conpany and staff for the status? That firm is now staffed by utter morons, perfect biz?

I may have been being sardonic in my earlier posty but as i'm not sure what it means and am too lazy to find out i may be wrong besides its time to get the sangers on the bbq

I have been a member for 8 years and am allways learning. The one thing i would say is the cost of the courses the difference between member and non is only a few pounds i think as a member they should want you to learn so reduce thr price, or even better free to members:001_smile: