Myerscough???

Bewarethemoon

how you geting on with course.i seem to find it litle confusing in terms of submitting your course work.any ideas or anyone did it last year?cheers

From watching the video that Irene put online we use the dropbox link which is in the results section I believe?

I'm finding her course a lot easier to follow with the samples she has provided, not looked too much at the other one yet still got my head in "essential soil science".

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
How you all getting on? The information and that is good I'm enjoying it but not sure on how to make up the 5 a4 double sided posters on the computer, need be a wizz with word and power point for online courses these days

Have I missed something, which module are the posters for?

I had a similar experience a few years ago.

I would say right from the start that it's well worth making every effort to chase the college and progress your learning. It'll do you credit and you'll benefit immensely from having pushed through adversity. Myerscough has some excellent staff, with some of them leading lights in arboricultural academia!

However...

...now that tution fees are at their current level, and given Myerscough's reputation and status as the National Arboricultural Centre I am disappointed to hear that things still seem to be below well below par.

I've done some of my CS tickets at the college; the first two were fine, with really first class (although not staff) instructors but the last one I did was disappointing. The chipper we were using was in a poor state and the assessment was nearly cancelled on the day.

I also undertook online learning with them and had a very mixed experience; one lecturer was excellent, the second seemed only to do the very minimum and there was no real contact at all, let alone actual teaching. It appeared that the college hadn't been able to find a person to teach the third module at all - they gave us the name of one lecturer at the beginning of the module and then changed it some weeks later. I had no contact from the lecturer we ended up with. I found their communication to be pretty lacking.

This may have been a one off but I really do think the college needs to look at how it's courses are delivered online. Ideally there needs to be one person acting as a point of contact for online students and there needs to be enough time for the existing lecturers to actually give the online students some time in leiu of face-to-face teaching.

That's my two-penneth-worth. I may have been unlucky.

Level 2

Phew, you had me worried then!

@Bolthole this year seems the same, the soil science module is updated every Monday evening and we recieve an email telling us but the arb practise has only been updated twice and just seems to happen randomly.

I was also looking at doing my tickets there but seems odd they won't lend people on the course the necessary kit but people not distance learning get helped through them.

Has anyone had their soil sample results back yet? Been waiting three weeks for mine now