Just ordered my Stihl MS661

keptenjim

The Stihl MS661 is back after being recalled for some unknown reason. So I've just ordered one - take delivery in a couple of weeks. There's no going back now so I hope it's the right choice as I don't have any experience with a large beast of a chainsaw but I need to deal with a couple of large fallen trees. Anyone have experience with this particular machine?

The Stihl MS661 is back after being recalled for some unknown reason. So I've just ordered one - take delivery in a couple of weeks. There's no going back now so I hope it's the right choice as I don't have any experience with a large beast of a chainsaw but I need to deal with a couple of large fallen trees. Anyone have experience with this particular machine?

HI JIM thats what stihl will say it will come in 2 weeks let see im told there good saw but not as fast as a good ported 660:thumbup1: saw thanks all the best jim with your new saw mate jon :thumbup:

HI JIM thats what stihl will say it will come in 2 weeks let see im told there good saw but not as fast as a good ported 660:thumbup1: saw thanks all the best jim with your new saw mate jon :thumbup:

Yeah Im thinking 2 weeks is an ambitious estimate. Ive not heard or seen of any actual date just hearsay.

Hi wise they have to get it out for the APF show mate thanks Jon

Why do they "have to" Jon?

PPl have been claiming for the past 3 mths its due out within weeks but it never seems to happen. It will eventually no doubt but when is another matter.

What have stihl done/said to all the 661 owners who sent there saws back on the recall does anyone know? I would be totally miffed if I had a saw for a month, it got recalled and 3 months later I was stil waiting.

Why do they "have to" Jon?

PPl have been claiming for the past 3 mths its due out within weeks but it never seems to happen. It will eventually no doubt but when is another matter.

What have stihl done/said to all the 661 owners who sent there saws back on the recall does anyone know? I would be totally miffed if I had a saw for a month, it got recalled and 3 months later I was stil waiting.

Because after the APF they're trying to launch the 201t m-tronic and 661, be interesting if husky will have the 572 there