forest tink

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had a thought Eddy.

The bolts on the x-torq carbs aren't straight across like the old 372 series.

Now whether this helps or not I know to fit a newer x torq carb to the old 372 series you need to use the boot off a 385/390 (prob due to the nearly 2mm wider venture) but also the arm from the 390.

Now as the arm fixes by the bolts of the carb and the 372 ie 90 and 270 degree and the x torq a different angle im thinking that could be the issue.

On the conversion of of fixing the later carb to new model the arm must be changed so I think that's the issue and the reason why.

that's what my saw looks like when its fitted back together,its all the original parts as its not that old,iv ordered another trigger mechanism for it,so will see if that makes a difference,the other one is a little worn but shouldn't have made that much odds I wouldn't have thought