Interview

edward_holt

Be polite and honest if the interviewer screws his face up at any answers jump up, flip the table rip your shirt off and scream " i will tear this place down on top of you" i never done great at interviews, i dont know why :confused1:

Only a joke DO NOT DO THAT unless you film it for us all to see:001_smile:

As said mate be on time,polite and be yourself also be confident but not arrogant, its important to make them feel you are the man for the job so be enthusiastic about trees and customers needs, because without the customers THEY dont have a job.

good luck.

Thanks for all the response, really good info.

Robert.S, brilliant, had me giggling no end.

On a more serious note, I was hesitant to put the company name up, but when I think about it, not sure why. It’s Scottish and Southern Energy, based out of Poole, Dorset. What do people think?

Big Boss Beechwood raised a good question. As I said only just started in this line of work, having just dipped into my pocket to get myself CS30 + 31. What are ambitious yet achievable career targets for, let’s say, 1 year and 5 years time?

Thanks again

Ed

• 1 month later...

Hello

Just a quick one to let you know the interview went well, and I got the job.

The interview went just as you all seemed to say, finding out who I am, thanks for the advice.

Rather than blowing smoke up my arse they were dead honest and told me it wasn't exactly tree surgery work, being a utility company, but I would get a **** load of qualifications out of it. I had a good think about what they were offering and I recon it'll do me grand as a part of my 10 year plan.

I’m pleased as punch anyway. Just to get out of the job I’m in at the moment and back outdoors for a living as much as anything. Thanks again

Ed