Petzl Sequoia harness?

Hi all just joined the forum and only recently got my tickets and putting together a climbing kit to keep practicing and work in. Ive only climbed using two ropes using blakes hitch & prussik as that was how I was taught. I was looking at the petzl sequoia harness and want to get value for money and try other ways of climbing. Am I correct in thinking the sequoia srt harness can be used exactly the same as the standard sequoia? If so would it be a better investment longterm? To be able to climb different ways? Ive never climbed srt so any advice would be appreciated. Having watched videos of srt I can see the benefit. Cheers.

With my limited experience of the srt sequoia I don't think it's that much different to the normal sequoia other than the fact it has additional attachment points for a chest harness but I may be wrong. If this is the case you would be better off trying on plenty of different harnesses and picking your favourite then using a tape sling to create a chest harness

A tape sling doesn't create a chest harness mate, it's just an option for advancing a RW.

The SRT harness has attachment points for a Croll (ascent only), and shoulder straps to convert into a full body harness.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has climbed in one for a bit.

My old Sequoia (original) has been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I've got the SRT harness without the croll and have climbed in it for the best part of a year with the top harness on all the time,

Good for using big saws as it puts the weight in your shoulders

Good for awkward trees where you are level lining a lot or climbing above

your main anchor as the shoulder straps stop the harness being pulled off your ass

Can use for mewp work

I don't think I would climb without the shoulder straps on the SRT harness as the waist straps seem to loosen themself off

Doesn't really make a difference for SRT unless you have the croll attachment but I don't see why you would use it, it's more versatile to use a rope wrench in arb work.

Everyone who picks up my harness also says how heavy it feels and with the top harness but not a problem for me

Strangely enough if I climb without the top harness on now I feel odd and exposed

also can store chocolate bars on the top harness which is essential ImageUploadedByArbtalk1407997097.547821.jpg.fe2c62bede2a543c8dc1bab6504cdddd.jpg