Company Pensions

kev7937

i was in a couple and the boss matches your input but they can claim this back on there expences. but thats for acountants.

i had a 50% tracker and 50% normal pension which had interest but not much hence the tracker bit. the tracker is invested on the stock market. thats the big IF if doing ok then pots grows if it does not you can loose some of the investment.

i am no expert. speak with a qualified financial adviser not one in bank.

get there advice. there know who is a good company and what is best. but get a pension the state one will be wortless by the time you retire.

i look back when i was young and wished i had put more in.

now 60 and one of mine gives me £90 a month what can you live on with that.:thumbdown:

i was in a couple and the boss matches your input but they can claim this back on there expences. but thats for acountants.

i had a 50% tracker and 50% normal pension which had interest but not much hence the tracker bit. the tracker is invested on the stock market. thats the big IF if doing ok then pots grows if it does not you can loose some of the investment.

get there advice. there know who is a good company and what is best. but get a pension the state one will be wortless by the time you retire.

now 60 and one of mine gives me £90 a month what can you live on with that.:thumbdown:

Not knocking your statement on the stock market but in reality, pension providers generally invest in big companies with sound trading and dividends. Their share price will go up and down but the only time you lose is if you buy high and sell when the price drops soon after.

A pension is a long term investment and over a long period of time will keep up and even outstrip many other types of investment including property.

When the stock market falls dramatically, that is a good time to buy more, when the markets are high, that is a good time not to buy. With pensions, these rise and falls are taken out of the equation by regular monthly purchases!

All I know is that by the time I hit pension age, the state pension system will be in free fall with too many people claiming pension and not enough paying in - that is why the government are bringing in these new pension rules!

The best time to start a pension is in your early 20s, easy to say but it gives 40+ years to rise in value, starting it at 45 only gives you 20+ years to accumulate through payments and more importantly, compound interest and dividend purchases in further shares - I am no expert but value the need to look after your old age - no one else will!!

I was in a final salary scheme, paid into it since i was 16 and stopped paying into it when i took voluntary redundancy at 34. I get a statement every year showing what i will receive at Nominal Retirement Date and it shows i should be able to live quite happily on that, but thats at the price of things today. What will a loaf cost in 30 years time when i get to NRD. Hopefully this place will be paid off in 3 years and i will buy another and rent it out. Bricks and mortar is the way forward in my opinion.

I pretty much think the state pension will be a thing of the past for when the next generation reach retirement.

Just more paperwork for employers... As has been said as an employer i have to offer this and have found that all my employees have declined it. Its easy saying save for your future but when you 25 and trying to get on the property ladder. then that money for pension is needed. Pensions not worth much nowadays. You dont get super annuated or final salary unless your working in goverment and even there s have cut back alot.. Thats why they all keep going on strike!!!! costing me money{teachers}... Better to plough it into a property

Not knocking your statement on the stock market but in reality, pension providers generally invest in big companies with sound trading and dividends. Their share price will go up and down but the only time you lose is if you buy high and sell when the price drops soon after.

A pension is a long term investment and over a long period of time will keep up and even outstrip many other types of investment including property.

When the stock market falls dramatically, that is a good time to buy more, when the markets are high, that is a good time not to buy. With pensions, these rise and falls are taken out of the equation by regular monthly purchases!

All I know is that by the time I hit pension age, the state pension system will be in free fall with too many people claiming pension and not enough paying in - that is why the government are bringing in these new pension rules!

The best time to start a pension is in your early 20s, easy to say but it gives 40+ years to rise in value, starting it at 45 only gives you 20+ years to accumulate through payments and more importantly, compound interest and dividend purchases in further shares - I am no expert but value the need to look after your old age - no one else will!!

well when my pension could be taken it had lost nearly 2k due to the crash. maybe in hindsight should of transfered it to a new provider and carried on but did not took a lump sum as redundent and need to live. these thing never happen at the right time.

well when my pension could be taken it had lost nearly 2k due to the crash. maybe in hindsight should of transfered it to a new provider and carried on but did not took a lump sum as redundent and need to live. these thing never happen at the right time.

Over the last two years, 30% growth has been quite possible on equities, prices now are fluctuating down to these damn wars and issues in Russia, Ukraine, Iraq and Israel - they all seem to have an effect.

If the Bank of England change their base rate of interest, be ready for the reduction or stagnation on housing values again. I can't see them being vicious enough to throw a large number of voters in to negative equity though, especially months before the General Election.

It is all swings and roundabouts - one thing works for one and one for another. The only real answer I have on all of this is to work your proverbials off when you are young and get clever with any excess cash you have - the earlier you start, the more time it has to accumulate in value!

Pensions, ISAs and property - all are valid and have their own pros and cons!

Dont get me going on pensions.

I started 1 with the pru in 1989 and paid into it every month,they coughed up my final 'pension' last year which is a derisury £64 a month. I should have put it into a building society instead but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

So its still blood sweat and sawdust for me and not retirement.