Working with inflammatory bowel disease

bella wood

Hello ,,

Ive had problems for 11 months now, Started with pneumonia at start of September last year,, kept on pushing myself to get fit again , stoped smoking (now 7 months ) started eating better food (live by myself )and still not how id expected to be ,, alot of problems i put down to change of diet so never realy said to doctor,,

Real mess been goin on in my head,,

Blood samples never showed anything apart from liver not looking as healthy as it should, yes i have a couple of ciders a week,,after stool samples have showed i may have ulcerative colitis or crohns disease,, so next thing will be camera where the sun does not shine,

I am now feeling a bit better as im not going mad and there is something wrong with me ,,

My question is does anyone have similar ,and are you still able to do a hard work ????

Im now mostly work on forestry harvester sites doing winching jobs, felling outsiders and steep banks that the machines do ,, so fitness is big part of my work ,,

Speak to Andy Collins on here as he had colitis I think and seems to have come through the other side. Also a close mate has had the same for the last 24 years. The Camera is unpleasant but no big deal mate. Good luck

Hodge

After a bit of reading i'm thinking ill have to see how the medication will react to me ,, had the chance to go on forwarder fulltime a couple of weeks ago but turned it down due to thinkin more active job would be better for me,,

Just the start so lots more to find out but im happier knowing there is something wrong and its not just in my head ,,

If it's UC you have you can live & work with it, keep on top of it & you will be fine, if you get the murmurings of an attack respond asap.

It can take a time to get the hang of dealing with it, but most do.

I have lived & worked with it for years, & very rarely has it got in the way of work.

You just have to learn to manage it, look into diet, the meds, avoiding long term stress, & try to keep a positive attitude, it really does have an impact.

A really interesting report on radio 4 today from an epidemiologist from Cardiff (I think). His team had been studying hotspots of people with Crones disease in Cardiff and found these hotspots on the East side of the river Taff. Their conclusion suggest that a bacterium that affects cows and sheep gets into the river water and gets blown to the east by the prevailing wind as an aerosol which is breathed in. The bug affects people that are vulnerable to exposure. It therefore could start as a result of a chest infection with this bug. Look it up!