Awkward people!!

hamdogg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also had a Nun go mad at me, and asks to speak to Stephen Blair, i say that's me, don't be ridiculous she says, your too young(23 at the time) so she goes inside and calls my mobile, a lot had happened since 1998, it was now 1999!:laugh1:

I take it out my pocket and answer it, she doesn't click it's me and starts going bush, then she comes to the window and I give her a big wave, that was the last I ever saw her!:biggrin:

Beware of the penguins!. Thanks for sharing:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

If someone comes agressively/ tantrummy rushing towards me, I find walking straight towards them usually quickly decides how it's going to go.

Had a guy with a claw hammer walk up to us 1 day telling us to stop fly tipping and do 1!

I looked at my big sign written van, huge sign written 2150 and said ' we are not very fly, are we ?' The boys burst out laughing, he tried to intimidate me more, I started walking towards him and he just backed away shouting none sense!

Has a jcb driver throw a tantrum as I moved 1 of his road cones 3', he came out going nuts, I told him that it was staying where I put it , he was shaking with rage, he got back in his digger and drove it towards me, I just looked at him and pointed him back further, he did it but still raging! When the rest of the road gang turned up, he got out and moved the cones further in front of his digger and was acting all big as the squad was there.

I walked back over, went up to the big guy who was obviously the foreman, and said' do you mind if I put the cones back a bit as it's restricting the traffic as we are parked accross from you? '

' no probs pal ' and I did so, little jcb driver was livid!!!!!

Had a guy try and ram me in his sports car as I was walking across the road carrying a log aswell, he was a nutter!

Then there's the customer who disappears 5 minutes before you finish to avoid paying, now that's a whole different class of eejit!!

Edited by Stephen Blair

Having in the past done lots of rights of way works, the most common coment by land owners and other parties was well what a waste of money, no one ever walks it. I reply with it pays my morgage and puts food on my kids table and did you see me walk it last week? Usually shuts them up.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Arbtalk mobile app

If someone comes agressively/ tantrummy rushing towards me, I find walking straight towards them usually quickly decides how it's going to go.

Had a guy with a claw hammer walk up to us 1 day telling us to stop fly tipping and do 1!

I looked at my big sign written van, huge sign written 2150 and said ' we are not very fly, are we ?' The boys burst out laughing, he tried to intimidate me more, I started walking towards him and he just backed away shouting none sense!

Has a jcb driver throw a tantrum as I moved 1 of his road cones 3', he came out going nuts, I told him that it was staying where I put it , he was shaking with rage, he got back in his digger and drove it towards me, I just looked at him and pointed him back further, he did it but still raging! When the rest of the road gang turned up, he got out and moved the cones further in front of his digger and was acting all big as the squad was there.

I walked back over, went up to the big guy who was obviously the foreman, and said' do you mind if I put the cones back a bit as it's restricting the traffic as we are parked accross from you? '

' no probs pal ' and I did so, little jcb driver was livid!!!!!

Had a guy try and ram me in his sports car as I was walking across the road carrying a log aswell, he was a nutter!

Then there's the customer who disappears 5 minutes before you finish to avoid not paying, now that's a whole different class of eejit!!

Wish every one avoided not paying . ........:biggrin:

restoring a river and both banks are owned by owner one bank having a park but it ends 6ft from bank. chap comes out what you doing restoring banks, but this owned by pub and is used by the village. not this bit.

have you permission yes if you like to see have flood consent forms in truck.

does the council know yes part of consent they are informed. i am going to ring council ok no problem. you are blocking the culvert that runs off road .yes so it stops mud from road going in river and will make the bank up. and stop the river blocking up with mud. it will flood my house if its blocked no it will still flow. well he goes off saying my wife is going to be livid. and the lady up road she will be down wanting to know well she comes out have a good chat says what a cracking job you are doing needed doing for years thank you so much. the old lady up road comes down what a nice job you are doing. he has not been back since just looks over his gate and walks off.:001_tt2: