Starting up.

Little Butch

There have been many wise words on here and a good chance for medium to mature business owners to reflect upon. I certainly have.

In the mean time think long and hard regarding your company brand. Branding is for the life of the business and it is best to get it right first time even if it takes a little longer.

Play with names, experiment with colours.

Three key lessons we learnt.

1. Keep your name and brand unique, simple and self explanorty.

2. Keep colours and logos simple. This really does effect web site design, uniform printing costs and equally as important how the final design will work with the vehicle.

3. If you are not 100% committed or if the branding does not feel right do not waste time, valuable energy and money to pursue it.

We have literally just launched the tree care part of the business, something we have been experimenting with for over two years now.

Everything just felt that now is the correct time. Website updated, already we have version two of the tree care flyer, 2000 flyers waiting to get back from the printers ready for letter box lottery next week!

I hope to free lance as a groundie or climber for other larger companies and to also promote our own uniqueness to all potential clients.

We start with small manageable jobs and ask the bigger companies in regard to larger jobs.

All of our marketing, branding, logo, website design have been done in house solely by us and many lessons learnt along the way!

Any questions regarding logo etc etc please ask.

Kind regards, good luck and climb safe.

Gregory

Sounds good Greg & good luck with that side of your business, but has your "milf" ratio improved ? !!!!

Rob

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, you've all been so helpful! I'm waiting to hear back from an artist friend of mine who's drawing up a few logo ideas, then I'll apply the chosen one to business cards as well as leaflets and hope some of it pays off... Got a few jobs lined up but I'm going to have to beg/borrow certain kit to get going...

• 2 weeks later...

One important thing in doing your own business is to get your mind ready every time and you can't able to do 2 things at the same time.... Full time work .... little rest and needs to be quite extra smart and clever.

Build your own business website and hire marketing professional to help you acquiring customers within your region...