arbtalkers arbtrucks

treewizard

no problamas dude, don't you hate it when you forget the barrow on a job and have to look round the clients garden for one.. they are useless, flat tyres, broken axle, wobbly handles that dump the load after a few steps and the dreaded skuff-skuff of the tyre on the overloaded body. i love my barrow most because i found it while exploring with the dog one day, cost me nothing except a tyre full of air and a bolt to secure the body.:thumbup:

no problamas dude, don't you hate it when you forget the barrow on a job and have to look round the clients garden for one.. they are useless, flat tyres, broken axle, wobbly handles that dump the load after a few steps and the dreaded skuff-skuff of the tyre on the overloaded body. i love my barrow most because i found it while exploring with the dog one day, cost me nothing except a tyre full of air and a bolt to secure the body.:thumbup:

mine went with me today,on a 6 field walk from the house,to log up a large fallen birch on the local farm!

due to the ground being wet form all the snow we,ve had,i did not want to cut up the fields with the 4x4 and trailer,will return in a few days to collect my logs:thumbup:

We got a new fleet of wheel barrows when I worked on the building, the handle grips had a small round nipple in the centre, we kept joking about the nipples and whilst we were having lunch one day the foreman got a stanley knife and cut them all off, " WHAT A PLONKER " now Im the boss I encorage the lads to have a wind up and laugh it makes for a better working enviroment and the time flys past.:thumbup1:

We got a new fleet of wheel barrows when I worked on the building, the handle grips had a small round nipple in the centre, we kept joking about the nipples and whilst we were having lunch one day the foreman got a stanley knife and cut them all off, " WHAT A PLONKER " now Im the boss I encorage the lads to have a wind up and laugh it makes for a better working enviroment and the time flys past.:thumbup1:

It does make working alot easier when everyone gets along and has a good joke around. A few times the joke can go a bit too far but then it come full circle and everyone is having a good laugh again. One of the guys i work with has ADHD so some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth isn't suitable so we have said to him afterward about what is acceptable. Some of the stuff that does come out of his mouth is absolute 8ollocks. The best story was he has driven a Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari FFX and a Pagani Zonda F. He apparently has driven every tractor and combine on the market today. Big load of 8ollocks. He is very possessive of powertools as well. The 362 is "his", the polesaw is "his" and the 17 hp mower is "his". Sadly this isnt the case it is everyones to use and everyones responsibility to maintain them. We maintain tools on a monthly rota basis. I am currently on maintaining the Chipper, Stihl MS 341, FS 550, and L200.

It does make working alot easier when everyone gets along and has a good joke around. A few times the joke can go a bit too far but then it come full circle and everyone is having a good laugh again. One of the guys i work with has ADHD so some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth isn't suitable so we have said to him afterward about what is acceptable. Some of the stuff that does come out of his mouth is absolute 8ollocks. The best story was he has driven a Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari FFX and a Pagani Zonda F. He apparently has driven every tractor and combine on the market today. Big load of 8ollocks. He is very possessive of powertools as well. The 362 is "his", the polesaw is "his" and the 17 hp mower is "his". Sadly this isnt the case it is everyones to use and everyones responsibility to maintain them. We maintain tools on a monthly rota basis. I am currently on maintaining the Chipper, Stihl MS 341, FS 550, and L200.

Had a chap ring me once to see if I had any work but I dont think the elevator went to the top floor if you know what I mean?.He said he'd driven a "GREEN D! tractor for a while :confused1: I asked him what a green d was and after a while worked out he meant a John deere. He said he called it that because it was green and its name started with a d :lol: :lol::lol:

Edited by Pat Ferrett
spelling

Had a chap ring me once to see if I had any work but I dont think the elevator went to the top floor if you know what I mean?.He said he'd driven a "GREEN D! tractor for a while :confused1: I asked him what a green d was and after a while worked out he meant a John deere. He said he called it that because it was green and its name started with a d :lol: :lol::lol:

There are people in the world that are a few crumbs short of a cookie. The trouble with my colleague with ADHD because he has worked in the agri industry he has a very agri minded approach to everything (If it breaks, buy a new one). We dont like his way of starting a fire either. He uses paper and kindling as normal but soaks the paper in deisel coz aparently it light quicker. The worst thing that he did whilst i was around was he poured petrol from the fuel tank of our blower to get the fire going. He was given a very stern rollocking from both me and the boss with a few "F"s thrown in. He didn't think he had done wrong as the fire was going. He then proceded to fell a dead tree that left several sizable dents on the brand new 10 plate Ford Ranger we have. He didn't think it would reach the truck. Well it did and it was off the road for 3 weeks being repaired. It was mostly comestic but it had taken out half of the fuse box, damaged the suspension on the front and needed a new windscreen.

I think its all the computers they use, when they screw up they just start the game again :001_smile:

I don't like the super duper modern stuff there are far too many buttons n switches to go wrong. We have an old John Deere 6060 series. It is much easier to use than the new stuff. I was trialing a John Deere 8080 and was lost with all of the buttons and touch screen stuff. I switched back to the 6060 and just went back to baling the hay. In the new stuff you have about 3 buttons or switches to engage the PTO in our 6060 it is just a lever and away it goes. I've forgotten the amount of times we have had a new fan belt put on the 6060. I know the fuel pump has failed twice and the transfer box has gone atleast three times since we've had it. It isnt abused. My favourite bit of kit that goes on the back is the forest mulcher. We have a gearing system that speeds the barrel up. I think it something like 1:5. For every rotation the pto makes it turns the barrel 5 times and it send the shreddings forwards to stop it jamming up.