Criminal Damage?

Tom D

I very much doubt anything will come of this like Skyhuck says I dont think anyone has ever successfully been prosecuted for removing limbs from a TPO'd tree that isnt there's and overhangs boundary etc.

Would be totally different though if the tree owner decided to remove a limb or 2 without consent from the LA :mad1:

BTW has anyone else noticed the amount of tree 'chopping' going on that neighbours seem to think they have a right too? We are getting quite a lot of this lately, neighbour hacking clients tree/shrubs to bits.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I very much doubt anything will come of this like Skyhuck says I dont think anyone has ever successfully been prosecuted for removing limbs from a TPO'd tree that isnt there's and overhangs boundary etc.

Would be totally different though if the tree owner decided to remove a limb or 2 without consent from the LA :mad1:

As far as I am aware, even to abate a nuisance you still need to apply for permission so a TO can assess if it is a reasonable request and state the minimal amount of work necessary. Tis a tricky area of the law.

Something that I thougjht would be interesting would be if the council didn't bother with the legal side of the prosecution and just slapped a fixed penalty fine on instead. This could work in the same way as parking / speeding fines where the onus is on the person breaking the law to take action if they believe they have been unfairly treated.

Here's my suggestions:

Cutting in a conservation area without consent £150

Pruning TPO without consent (not life threatening to the tree) £500

Felling / ireversibly damaging TPO £2000

Interested to hear what any of you LA boys think.:001_smile:

Cutting in a conservation area without consent £150

Pruning TPO without consent (not life threatening to the tree) £500

Felling / ireversibly damaging TPO £2000

Interested to hear what any of you LA boys think.:001_smile:

I like the idea, and I would like it even more if it was administered by another LA department, such as enforcement :sneaky2:.

• 2 years later...

Had to tidy up this mess today, don't think the people of salford like trees:thumbdown:

Although it could be the local burglars, there was a broken open empty safe next to ther felled willow:lol:

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

uploadfromtaptalk1312477579075.jpg.316923c11cd511570d909a6cd2823a67.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1312477510016.jpg.a3a845c0ad309c778196e7ff45bbbdcf.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1312477397775.jpg.a3715e65340db502fa3a53da1e1e0d60.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1312477343907.jpg.6d98cbf49b9cd4d6977d613b8a40c652.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1312477284962.jpg.df7c70bd0c45e6ddfd75e528158268d1.jpg