Fibre broadband with EE

Steve Bullman

My mother recently changed from an old BT router, to a new BT router. Same external cabling and less money but her Ping was reduced by a third, avg. upload went from 1.5Mbps to 9.2+Mbps and avg. download went from 4.9Mbps to 20.3Mbps.

When I exchanged it, I reused the same after-market internal cabling.

Yeah the BT hubs and routers are utter crap IMO.

We are so far behind the rest of thr world in regards to Broadband, my mate in Sweden has a 1GB fibre line and its cheap.

Thing with fibre is the lines outside and to the box are fibre BUT the line that goes to your house is still copper I believe?

Back to my buddy in Sweden they get a fibre line directly into house just like LAN.

Also dealt with EE for the bis mobiles and by far the worst company i have dealt with, had to get the Offcomm people involved in the end. Since these issues I record all phonecalls via an App so that compaines like this cant go back on the lies they tell and then "suddenly lose the recorded conversation"":sneaky2:

... and avg. download went from 4.9Mbps to 20.3Mbps...

Tested again yesterday and noticed a slight error with my last post. The 20.3Mbps is a wi-fi result. Her wired connection has risen to 37+Mbps.

When I'm up north, I rarely get even 1Mbps download on a wired connection; the avg. is less than half that and I pay the same money.

Edited by TGB