Been told a guy has been killed felling a tree

predator

I got told a guy down on his luck aged about 40 recently lost everything his wife kids home car van all his tools etc and has been out looking for work his trade was a joiner i was told from newton nr st helens has been out jobbing on a push bike trying to get some work and took on a tree job and its fell on him killing him poor soul i hav'nt had any new of yet whats happened

This story was reported on look north news late last night, guy working in border forestyesterday had a tree fall on him, was air lifted to RVI newcastle by air ambulance, so he may not have been killed. lets hope not.

well i,am at a loss as i was phoned by my cousin regarding the poor souls accident and i rang him back etc to confirm that he was,nt fooling around with me its not on!! too say things like that etc

i,ve checked the local press and even asked my neighbor who works for the local press wigan and leigh reporter and theres nothing anywhere regarding the accident and to be honest i,am glad if it never happened at all

so sorry for me making myself look stupid through idle gossip etc

• 4 weeks later...

i got some more infomation about the poor soul who was indeed found dead under a tree whats actually happened was he got trapped under a tree trunk at the new house he had moved into after the breakdown of his marriage and job etc he was there unconscious for 3 days trapped but died from a heart attack and not from his injurys from the tree he had been knocked out unconscious from the fall etc but the heart attack killed him poor soul so be careful working on your own guys take care at all times

Just reading between the lines - it still could have been the tree that killed him, or someone helping him get free when they found him. When you are trapped for a period/during trauma, from after as little as 10 minutes, your body can build up toxins in the affected area. If these are released e.g. through moving the tree off the guy, then the toxins travel through the bloodstream on release and can cause a massive and rapid heart attack.

My paramedic wife (and source of this information) says that if any part of you is trapped for that long i.e. 10 minutes+, and you need medical aid, then someone needs to insist that an emergency Doctor is present when you are released as the paramedic crews are not licensed to carry the necessary life saving drugs you will need to be administered potentially immediately.

Either way, I hope that info is of use to someone at the appropriate time. Grim news for the other two chaps mentioned in the thread.