What GVW Arb Truck

fen01

Hello all,

The truck I'm planning on buying may not happen unfortunately. However, I have a chance on a 02 Mercedes Actors 1823 4 x4. Does anyone know anything about these? Are they good solid trucks? Any ideas how much fuel they use and servicing costs etc. Also obviously I'd need a tacho on it, what's for that income and how much will it cost (it has a electronic tacho fitted so I assume I'd need a card etc)?

Any info would be much appreciated as I'm about to start taking the 'web for info.

Oh, also anything I should look out for in particular?

Cheers

Mark

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
Chip box is a recent addition. [ATTACH]157913[/ATTACH]

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi Peter,

Does your 2 way tipper have more framework \bracing than you'd expect to see on a normal far tipper? Do you think it generates more stress and twist as it tips? I can't see it making a big difference but thinking of getting a rear mounted crane rather than behind the cab, just arguing with my old man about it

If you've got any photos of the underside of the chip box to hand could you put them up please.

Thank you.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

After 8 months of waiting, I'll finally be collecting a lorry this morning. Annoyed at the wait, but happy with what I've now brought (long story in there). Photo to follow☺☺

A public thanks to Skyhuck for preventing me make a serious purchasing error - cheers Dave!

Finally picked up a lorry today. A 4x4 merc 1717. Good crane on it. After a lot of deliberation I'm going to move the crane behind the can and put a conventional tipper on it. All jobs for the summer!

Going to start earning its keep tomorrow, lifting some wind damaged branches and moving a shipping container to aid our house move for Friday.

1425415054448.jpg.974ead7b6eb118f7b7ee3f6db201cd20.jpg

Finally picked up a lorry today. A 4x4 merc 1717. Good crane on it. After a lot of deliberation I'm going to move the crane behind the can and put a conventional tipper on it. All jobs for the summer!

Going to start earning its keep tomorrow, lifting some wind damaged branches and moving a shipping container to aid our house move for Friday.

Very handy looking bit of kit, look forward to seeing the transformation into an Arb spec rig.

The crane is in really good nick as it the truck in general especially the engine which is sweet. Really want a tipper on it asap, but it will have to wait until I've got the mortgage sorted out. Apart from painting in company colours all it needs is a third seat in the cab. Is OK to drive and pretty good in the much being 4x4. Scott. I think I'll run a thread once I get into the conversion.

How are you getting on with yours Billy?