What GVW Arb Truck

fen01

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great news. Really need to get mine is been delayed as it's using a new clutch in. Lots of when we get the truck talk at lunchtime. .. Do you think it's worth waiting until my guys are handy with the crane before making a chip box or shall I just get on with it? Also did you put blosters inside your chip box? Cheers

Mark

You need a chipbox it will be useless without one, the cranes pretty easy to use we dismantled the stems on that chestnut with it after a few days, wasn't as smooth as it could have been but easy enough.

No bolsters in there but it's tough enough for logs IMO I may make some bolsters in the future as it would be easy to load/unload a load of pure logs with them.

Nice truck billy! I used to drive one near identical to that, get a grab and rotator and you'll never understand how you managed without!

Looks like it's pipped for it too

Yeah it is got a Kinshoffer clamshell and rotator that I removed, will be looking to get a grab at some point but for dismantles I think a strop and shackle work best anyway? Also with he crane in the bed with the 2m high box the highest point on the crane ends up about 4m or so which is a little close for comfort on the power lines that run along my hedge and over the gate!

WM Tree Services

http://www.bestkenttreesurgeons.co.uk

The cranes too small for dismantles tbh. You'll be on max reach then need to lift higher which you don't have the capacity to do, if you do need to strop something you can still do that with the grab on. The grab makes loading and unloading so quick and easy especially if on your own. You can also do things like grabbing whole hawthorn trees to take to the yard and burn rather than mess about chipping them. As long as the boom is leaven when loaded you shouldn't have a problem as it won't be any higher (I had it pointing a bit up when it sat on a big load and clipped a petrol station roof once!)

You'll find so many advantages to having a grab and rotator

Hi all, my truck which is due soon is piped for a grab and rotor but I'm not sure what size or manufacture to go for. The crane capacity of 2.8t @ 4.5m and 2t @ 6.2m. My gut feeling is go big, but as I don't know a lot about these things thought I'd ask those who use them😀. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Mark