chippers on rail sites

karl

so your saying you have never heard of this on these machines?

The link on the safety bar is just not up to the job from what I saw.we dont plough with it or use it to use pulling ropes from.i know exactly what happened on that sight as I was working on that job myself. And the buttons dont get knocked off the tw , as has been said , they are on top. Not so vulnerable. As pointed out that its quick to blame the machine builder , instead of seeing positive criticism, it is assumed all contractors abuse kit. Funnily enough a few of us want machines we have hired to actually work and use them accordingly . If we need a winch we use a winch

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair comment Karl ref the truck, not a good analogy from me.

Do the buttons on other makes get knocked about? We use those buttons as they are easily obtainable and robust enough for general usage with the cover on but they are not made to be rubbed against a wall or tree - but then, neither are those fitted by TW or Jensen. The safety bar is designed and manufactured to specifications set down by the HSE, a set up that all suppliers (should) comply with. They control the safety side of the infeed and enables the operator to safely disable or reverse the rollers. They were not designed to act as a scoop in a ditch or an anchor point for ropes etc. While I understand and appreciate your comments, if they bust - ask yourself who bust it and how and why.

I can understand as a member of greenmech you are going too defend your machines/dealers to the end. does not make you right though.. As mentioned just because a contractor has hired a machine it does not mean its gonna be abused, perhaps worked.. The cost of hire is very little if machine goes down and your paying 3 or 4 lads wages.. Greenmech have a very good tracking system, feed aperture , blade system but on the mk2 they don't rev high enough to push wet material out of shoot. The buttons are flimsy and expensive to replace as is the cable working stop bar.. Getting parts is a joke from my dealer in the north east. Good job old dealer always ready to help .. Its a shame as is prob the best machine for the rails

I note your concerns and having come off the tools (many years ago mind) I can sympathise....Your comments do have value and I have put a note through our usual internal channels highlighting the issues that you have had.

I will also talk to our lot about RPM and the "No Stress" settings and get and something altered in the box.

The buttons are okay for general usage however and I still fail to see why we get blamed when they get knocked off! Sorry....

I think that is a great resolution to this

that feedback is being pursued

but those buttons...........I don't think there was blame being aimed , more of an observation . the fact that you have put a tracked chipper on a work site means that you want to get it into where you are working , hence trying to wriggle it throught trees to be retained etc , thus making any vulnerable part prone to damage