chippers on rail sites

karl

ive heard a rumour that greenmech safe trak are going to be the only chipper approved on network rail sites , im not sure if it is a fact or just gossip. just wondered if anyone else had heard about this ?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To the best of our knowledge this is a rumour that has been circulating for several years. As with most rumours it bears little resemblance to the truth.

I say this because we have been working closely with Network Rail, both in supplying current machines and developing new products specific to their requirements.

even if they have bought 17 that's not a lot when you look at how many depots there are and since most nwr are not allowed to tow the chippers hardly work.. They have always said that about greenmech... Greenmech safetrak are prob the best machine for embankments but Jensen not bad either and what will happen when greenmech patent up? unless they gonna spend a lot of money keeping it... If they do they want to get customer services better from there dealers in the north.. As they are bad but always knew that would happen.. Timberwolf dealer happy though as selling lots of machines as orange cant be arsed.. Just want you to constantly hire machines and not sell unless you want a 150 road tow...rant over

We had a brand new tw vtr and it was nothing but trouble on the railway, the track lifting system was a bad design, and any ballast in the tracks and it was track off and game over!! Now we have a brand new safe track and it's the best tracked chipper I have used! Brilliant on ballast and embankments, I wouldn't be suprised if network rail did make the greenmech the only chipper to be used!!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

any chipper getting ballast build up in the tracks will come unstuck , the one we hired was brand new the nudge bard linkage on the feed hopper snapped after about 3 hrs , those crazy slap buttons on the side lasted ..oh.....about 10 minutes , when manouvering through trees .

and ive heard real bad news about the eltericals on them , however like I said its ability to work on banks is very good

Haha i will admit the two things you mentioned then are spot on! And do break, I find it's chipping capability is brill and the stuff it pulls through is amazing!! It's like owt though the more hammer you give it the quicker it starts to look tatty!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

the old mark 1 are a lot better without stupid buttons... All track chippers have problems with ballast. New ones are not as bad, but soon as track stretches a bit or piston weeps.. then you will have ballast in... just learn hw to get track back on quick..