tipper bed build

64treefrog

PIT was a miss spelling!!!!!

meant to type ply.

I have used phenolic ply fpr years on trailers and tipper beds with no probs.

Figure there must be a reason why tipper manufacturers use it all the time.

Will go ahead and put bearers in at 17"

Its not phenolic pit, its a phenolic faced ply (plywood with a high grip plastic facing)

It pays to know what you are talking about.

Ally frames for tippers aren't a good idea, constant flexing gives them a short lifespan particularly on smaller vehicles, its also expensive for not much weight saving.

Actually I do know what I am talking about and the material I saw advertised made no mention of being faced on plywood. I understand that google actually is different from one country to another so I will take your word for the phenolic faced plywood with a high grip plastic facing if your willing to understand that what I have seen is different than what you have mentioned earlier.

In regards to ally frames I know of many large dump truck beds that are exclusively made out to aluminum and haul 10 tons of any sort of material all the time. As long as you have the right type of aluminum to work with and a compenent welder the types of configurations to be had are limited only by ones budget and imagination. The OP can try googling aluminum dump truck beds and some American manufacturers should pop up.

easy-lift guy

Actually I do know what I am talking about and the material I saw advertised made no mention of being faced on plywood. I understand that google actually is different from one country to another so I will take your word for the phenolic faced plywood with a high grip plastic facing if your willing to understand that what I have seen is different than what you have mentioned earlier.

In regards to ally frames I know of many large dump truck beds that are exclusively made out to aluminum and haul 10 tons of any sort of material all the time. As long as you have the right type of aluminum to work with and a compenent welder the types of configurations to be had are limited only by ones budget and imagination. The OP can try googling aluminum dump truck beds and some American manufacturers should pop up.

easy-lift guy

And since we are dealing with a vehicle with a MAM of 3500kg I said

short lifespan particularly on smaller vehicles

We have large ally bodies in the UK but they only work well on large capacity vehicles that don't carry aggressive loads (or they need a sacrificial liner)

But I appreciate that this is a different country with different ways of doing things.

You just have to know what you are talking about.

And since we are dealing with a vehicle with a MAM of 3500kg I said

We have large ally bodies in the UK but they only work well on large capacity vehicles that don't carry aggressive loads (or they need a sacrificial liner)

But I appreciate that this is a different country with different ways of doing things.

You just have to know what you are talking about.

Beds can be made to the specifications you have quoted, I suspect even in the UK. If the OP or anyone else chooses to exceed the normal safe range of operating a truck hauling debris seems he has a Two choices going forward.

Invest in a bigger truck to handle the job in the first place or work with what you have and don't haul over weight loads.

easy-lift guy