Tipper Trailer Advice

New Boy

haha, appreciate the good vibes :).

manange to take down 4 40ft leylandii last week and fitted them all in this haa, had to use low range to get it moving but still saved me trips, I used on this 2 mm galv sheet to so it was a little more durable than ally and 5 mm rivets with self tap screws in each corner. this on the back of a tipper van youd be moving something like 14 cubic meters of chip but then not sure the transit would pull it :/.

Thanks all for your input/advise. One last question, size wise what do you think is firstly a workable option (2 man team), secondly forward planning wise a desirable size and is it worth going bigger investment & trailer wise straightaway?

Thanks

new Boy

and weve also built a divider wall for the mild so we can have logs, and chip or clean wood chip and mulch.. can fit 9 cubic meters of loose chip in it :)

On a TT105 your sides would need to be 2 metres high to get 9 cubic metres in. Standard Ifor high sides are about 1.5 metres with the drop sides so that gives you 7 cubic metres at the most.

My TT126 with high sides on holds 9 cubic metres comfortably.

IMG_3933.jpg.e9cb1d3064fcd4bc891b2cefaacb73df.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg.aa9e68341316094ea134c7d67e3c85d0.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg.ebe1678b2bfbb08f7c4f13066c035169.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg.034eba36ea9cdf50fc8554f500ae5888.jpg

It would be slightly over 3.5 tonnes if you brimmed it, but I allowed a bit of extra volume so you don't need to fill it right to the top.

The truck in the pic is a navara, but I only tow it fully loaded with the lorry.

I did all the fabrication myself, but there is about £1k in materials there.