Yard insurance

Dr.Green

• 1 month later...

Does anybody have insurance on there yard? For example in case of fire

My yard/land is only surrounded by 6ft fence , climb paint and wire until conifers grow so access by ***** is possible

If someone injures themselves on the wire or damages their clothing on the climb paint, or anything else in your yard then a claim can be made against you, regardless if they are allowed to be there or not.

In the event of a claim you would want someone who knows how to fight the claim or in the worst case, payout on the claim. If you are OK in fighting a claim and paying out if you loose your case then I guess you should be fine.

Is your yard attached to a building, if so you may be insured under that policy but you need to check it out with your broker.

If it is just a yard and there is no insurance in place you may want to get cover to insure items such as tools, plant, stock, you will find that you will get liability cover under most combined policies.

The insurer will look at the security and if the security is low and the amount you want to insure is high then it will get more difficult to insure but get a quote from a good broker and they will help you with this.

regards

Phil

Don't mention yard fires.. Fencers next to me had a massive one end of this week and it wiped out 15-20 square metre area of my yard due to chip on the deck took out logs a trailer and circular saw bench.. Still need to approach them to see if there willing to pay anything all I've had so far is "sorry mate"

Don't mention yard fires.. Fencers next to me had a massive one end of this week and it wiped out 15-20 square metre area of my yard due to chip on the deck took out logs a trailer and circular saw bench.. Still need to approach them to see if there willing to pay anything all I've had so far is "sorry mate"

You may find that his insurance may not look to pay for your losses, you may have to claim on your insurance. However if the fire next to you was due to his negligence then you may be better going on that route.

So what was the cause of the fire, was it because he left rubbish out and someone set fire to it, or was he having a controlled fire in the yard, or something like that where he was doing something wrong or was it left in a unsafe condition.

So tread carefully and ask him what caused it, and do you think it was foreseeable and he should have known.

if he is negligent then his insurance may payout under the liability section of his policy.

Good luck

You may find that his insurance may not look to pay for your losses, you may have to claim on your insurance. However if the fire next to you was due to his negligence then you may be better going on that route.

So what was the cause of the fire, was it because he left rubbish out and someone set fire to it, or was he having a controlled fire in the yard, or something like that where he was doing something wrong or was it left in a unsafe condition.

So tread carefully and ask him what caused it, and do you think it was foreseeable and he should have known.

if he is negligent then his insurance may payout under the liability section of his policy.

Good luck

Claiming on your own insurance is going to cost you in the long run, and its not the only option.

You can also sue the other party if they are negligent and or don't have insurance.

What caused it was an uncontrollable fire due to him letting his waste mount up for too long, I was in my yard when he kit it and he was throwing buckets of water up his workshop to stop it catching whilst laughing... I left and he was still there with flames double the height of his workshop. Something became airborne and landed on my chip 15-20 mtrs away.

What caused it was an uncontrollable fire due to him letting his waste mount up for too long, I was in my yard when he kit it and he was throwing buckets of water up his workshop to stop it catching whilst laughing... I left and he was still there with flames double the height of his workshop. Something became airborne and landed on my chip 15-20 mtrs away.

I think I would be inclined to tell him in no uncertain terms that he will be paying for the damage. If he won't, get his insurance details and go direct to them, not forgetting to tell them exactly how the damage occurred. :sneaky2: