frankensaw

miker

• 2 weeks later...
Mmmm, that was made by some lunatic with half a 262 and half a 268....:001_rolleyes::lol:

:lol::lol:well my frankensaw seems to be ok,put a tank of fuel through and seems to have plenty of power.

next project, b&q special with a 242 top end:thumbup::thumbup::laugh1:

So a frankensaw is a saw with a different top end? I was under the impression the top end needed to be off a different crankcase model? If not, I have a fair few of those...

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

[ATTACH]156363[/ATTACH]

281 with new meteor 288 pot and piston,£138 delivered from across the pond, £18.50 imprt tax, good price i thought:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I've been meaning to ask if anyone had tried these kits and how they had found them. I know the pistons have always been well regarded, but I haven't seen these P&C kits until recently.

That Dack chap has started selling them on ebay, think his price might upset you though. HUSQVARNA 288 - 54 MM "METEOR" CYLINDER KIT | eBay

So how are these kits then?

I've been meaning to ask if anyone had tried these kits and how they had found them. I know the pistons have always been well regarded, but I haven't seen these P&C kits until recently.

That Dack chap has started selling them on ebay, think his price might upset you though. HUSQVARNA 288 - 54 MM "METEOR" CYLINDER KIT | eBay

So how are these kits then?

Nice price on that, I used a US imported one to fit on a Jonsered 2071 that I converted to use the 372 cylinder for a fella named "treemonkey4" a while ago. I redid the port bevels and cleaned the ports a little but the fit and power was good!

So a frankensaw is a saw with a different top end? I was under the impression the top end needed to be off a different crankcase model? If not, I have a fair few of those...

As the expression is used on different forums, any saw made from parts originating from different models may be considered a Frankensaw.

However, a 281 with a 288 top end is borderline to qualify imo, as those models basically are the same saw.

:biggerGrin:

As the expression is used on different forums, any saw made from parts originating from different models may be considered a Frankensaw.

However, a 281 with a 288 top end is borderline to qualify imo, as those models basically are the same saw.

:biggerGrin:

Well that's my point, if it's the same crankcase can it be a frankensaw? If you're slapping a different cylinder of the same series of saws you're just putting a different engine on, a 362xp with a 372xp cylinder is just a bigger engine, I'd hardly call it a skilled creation by a saw modder, or a ms460 top end on a 440, anybody can do it.