Which diameter friction cord with HC

NickinMids

I've decided to buy a Hitch climber set up but should I get 8mm or 10mm friction cord to use with my 13mm rope. At the moment I use a 13mm split tail and Blakes, but if I use a second 13mm rope I 've got a 9mm prussic loop. Both grip well but having never used eye to eye friction hitches like VT or Distel ? I'm not sure which would be best. Please advise on pros and cons

Thanks

I use 8mm ocean polyester on 13mm with a knut and it works great once you have the knot dialed in right with the fishermens nice and tight. Takes a bit of fiddling but it's well worth it

Sent from my HTC One using Arbtalk mobile app

I use 8mm ocean polyester on 13mm with a knut and it works great once you have the knot dialed in right with the fishermens nice and tight. Takes a bit of fiddling but it's well worth it

Sent from my HTC One using Arbtalk mobile app

Sorry, not sure of your hitch set up.. have looked up knut but unclear about where the fishermans would be

Soz for being thick

Fishermans to secure the cord to the karabiner, most pre-made eye to eye cords are too long for the knut. Can customise to how you like it if you use knots. If coming from prussik loops to HC & eye 2 eye the shorter the tails the quicker it bites & less sit back, should feel more secure until you get used to it but won't self tend as well as with longer tails or VT. When you've tied everything load it up to tighten the knots & then work out as much of the slack as poss & repeat. I've used buntline hitches in the photo, find them easier to undo if you need to adjust, also tails go out to the sides instead of back up the line so helps to get the biner really close, good for novice converts. jpg.gifKnut.jpg

Knut.jpg.2293efb10f7b5d3b13c0c9d35a03966b.jpg

Edited by Logjam