Burgled again

Hawkes Trees

Been looking online for gypsy superstitions with a view to keping them off your property

Suprisingly little online about this but apparently the following upset them

1) womens skirts ! Something to do with women being unclean below the waist

2) dead crows, specifically says they will turn round if they see a dead crow

So you need a keeper to hang his dead crows on your fence ......

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bring back the village bobby I say, if every ten villages had one life would be better.

your thoughts?

Totally agree ... previously a year to the day that I got turned over I was being followed by are travelling friends so I did a detour and hid behind a suger beat clamp and waved and took photos when they came back searching to follow us again... I reported this to the village bobby and he said he knew them and would tell them to leave it out.

This year again I clocked them following us ,reported it in and got a crime number... Difference is village bobby retired in December... Two days later the yard was emptied..

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

So you get fobbed off with a crime number and still you get robbed. Maybe every time we get fobbed off we should lodge an official complaint, there must be some way of raising the profile. Maybe keep e-mailing the local Police and Crime commissioner asking why the poor Police response and lack of interest?

When we were assessing we had horrendous problem with stolen cars in Manchester

Arranged meeting with police officer dealingwith it, he said his problem was took weeks for report to drop on his desk after being reported, we then sent reports straight to him --- as well as local cop shop....

Might be worth everyone in your area getting together and arranging meeting with bobby dealing with it....

Once they know your organised they will move elsewhere ......

Other thing is where are knicked stuff going?

Strimmers n chainsaws can be sold locally in a pub, but chippers ? Who is buying them?