Midlands Get Together…

John Hancock

Midlands Get Together...

Just thought I’d test the water and see if any midlanders are feeling sociable now that summer is nearly here. It would be good to get together, either over a drink or two or even meet up for a bit of recreational tree climbing.

One idea I’ve had in my head for a while is a ‘Picnic in the Park’. We have some lovely formal parks here in Worcester, with trees that are crying-out to be climbed. (I’ll post some pictures of them if anyone is interested). It could be a family orientated ‘do’ as there is a nice children’s play area, stream, pond and plenty of ducks to feed!

Anyway, like I said – just testing the water. If anyone else has a good location in the Midlands area I’d be up for a meet – always good to meet-up and have a natter!

If you like the idea if a family day with some tree climbing in a lovely location I’ll see if I can get the necessary permissions etc..

Cheers,

John.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id cum and may bring some of the guys from round my neck of the woods.wot kinda time frame you looking at john,wait for feedback?

See what happens over the weekend, I'll post some pictures of the trees I have in mind early next week. Like I said, I dont mind travelling if Worcester is a no-go. :001_smile:

I am very much up for it, i can get together 4-5 people for a climb in the country or prussic in the park!!!!!

My lady friend will be up for it too, she is a paramedic so there is the H&S form filled out!!!!!

Just a few pictures of the proposed location of the get-to-gether at Gheluvelt Park, Worcester. Here’s a little history…..

The park was opened in 1922 as a permanent memorial to the local soldiers who lost their lives at the Battle of Gheluvelt in the First World War.

The 1914 battle, on the outskirts of the Belgium town of Ypres, has been described as the day the 2nd Worcesters saved the British Empire.

Fewer than 400 men of the 2nd Battalion of the Worcestershire Regiment drove back more than 1,000 German troops intent on breaking the British line and advancing to the channel ports.

Defeat at Gheluvelt may well have won the war for the Germans. Such was the importance of the battle.

Anyway, the Oak is prob the best climbing tree....see what you think.:001_smile:

5976542cbeebb_DSC_0418(Large).jpg.2ccc224b4d43e72831688960ff698a5a.jpg

5976542cbc2e9_DSC_0480(Large).JPG.d0cf608afaeb80a2eb5983f6829c5b5f.JPG

5976542cb94c8_DSC_0478(Large).jpg.bf4c036cd590dc61a12bc91404574f16.jpg

5976542cb5dad_DSC_0442(Large).jpg.8a48a1e54483c7d69018c5862a425b92.jpg

5976542cb2189_DSC_0406(Large).jpg.131c15f2265c268690022789309206db.jpg