Stressed out....workload

mad matty

Can any of your staff support you? It costs to have operational staff doing non operational work but if your that busy it makes sense, you might be on the cusp of employing someone to share this part of the business, if any of your operational staff have the skills and interest in this area then you can build this into their role, then get a subbie in to cover the operational gap.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, I am pretty sure it happens to everyone from time to time!

How do you personally cope with high workloads with no margin for taking longer than it should, the phone doesn't stop ringing, and nearly every job you look at they say yes!

Just feeling the pressure at the moment.

Its good to be busy.....but!

personal ways of coping much appreciated.

Cheers Matty :thumbup1:

VODKA!!!!!!:001_tt2:

Seriously though I know where your coming from as got anough work to fill the next 8weeks easy, get a call yesterday (Sunday) at about 7.30 to except a quote from 4th October and can i do it this week before the family comes for half term?

Luckily my quotes state valid for 3 month only so agreed to do job for same price but in my time, see you in may some time. Not a happy client lots of but you've known about the job for a long time and couldn't understand I didn't alecate a day for them just incase they did want it doing........

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Lists! I write things down and it simplifies things, and eases up the brain for other things.

I would be reluctant to give work away, but subby it to someone with known ability and standards that you would be happy to pass off as your own. Add your cut and watch your empire grow! just my two peneth worth.

Yes Lists, lists, listss!!!

My life is run by these, I've lived with stress and anxiety for some time, anxiety is an undying urge to do something or get something done, that results in stress when it doesn't happen. You always try & do 10 things at once & end up finishing none of them. I find the best thing to do is first thing in the morning clear your desk/table/ kitchen side and write a list of 5 things you need to do today & just concentrate on them. But always keep lists of other things you need to do, especially at night when you wake up panicking about something,write it down. I always over think things & have to bury my head in television to relax at night. I try to get the awkward jobs out the way first,client phone calls etc. When your spending too long trying to work out a problem always call someone or get on here(arbtalk), its so much quicker. And good staff help amazingly, be honest with them, explain the problems, costs, time limits & usually they will help..

apart from that, at the end of the day, try an appreciate what you have done,not the list of things you still have to do,,,

Seriously though I know where your coming from as got anough work to fill the next 8weeks easy, get a call yesterday (Sunday) at about 7.30 to except a quote from 4th October and can i do it this week before the family comes for half term?

Luckily my quotes state valid for 3 month only so agreed to do job for same price but in my time, see you in may some time. Not a happy client lots of but you've known about the job for a long time and couldn't understand I didn't alecate a day for them just incase they did want it doing........

Typical! Probably thought you'd been sitting at home just waiting for their call! I haven't progressed the RB project yet ):0(

Typical! Probably thought you'd been sitting at home just waiting for their call! I haven't progressed the RB project yet ):0(

Shame on you:-P

Yes of course, because re pollards a willow is the most pressing job iv looked at a year :what:

Perhaps we are all just having a good time of it, because you guys are busy we are busy. I have had calls yesterday for machinery quotes that I had to supply this morning, luckily the order was placed this afternoon but what if I didn't have time?

Hope you are all understanding if my machinery prices rise as I am winning my work also.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

We're in the same boat mate. Got loads of work to do just finding time to do it all. We won't think we will stop felling un ivy clad trees until may at the earliest. Still reeling from the storms. Got 4 bridges to measure up and get built and installed by contractors. I think this sign i picked up from the West country game fair is very apt for most of us.

003.jpg.8a7be08a4700b0a8a2fe5d3217d4f21a.jpg

[quote=GlobalNewark;

Hope you are all understanding if my machinery prices rise as I am winning my work also.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

No no no, don't you know, because your doing well we expect you to drop your prices... Rule 47 sub section c of the arb exception rules clearly state this :P