Felling on the motorway

rovers90

I work on the motorways taking down tree and its criminal how much is left there. I take as much as I can when I can. Buy last week I dismantled 7 big willows and poplars and theres a fair few ton just laid down on the side of the m6 left to rot!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

We delivered a bike to Birmingham and I noticed a lot of roadside timber, pity we couldn't stop on the way back and fill the van up. :laugh1:

The road gangs have been doing some work on the A9 in Perthshire over the past couple of months. They chip the small stuff and leave stacks of stuff which could be logged up for folk to take. After asking permission from them, I've collected enough to see us through next winter and beyond. Most of it is willow and syc, but its straight, easy to split and dries quickly and I get to play with chainsaw. Perfect.

I don't understand why they don't sell it even if they sell it cheap, surely its better than leaving it there doing nothing :confused1: , who did you ask permission from? I could always do with some nice easily processed logs