Log saw horse

Essex arborist

I have a major tractor saw, I've a vid on YouTube of it working I think it's called a rocking beam system, safe enough but you still need to be very careful, it's perfect for meter long lengths up to a meter and a half. Only thing is you need the tractor to power it. Currently working on building a portable way to power it!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more saw horses for me now I've had a couple of hours on the saw bench. So much faster than a chainsaw and less tiring. Plus no 2 stroke fumes in my face :thumbup1:

Not sure what the ones with their own engine are like but could be an option for you if you don't have a tractor to power it!

That looks like a lot of work to cut single logs at a time

Now c'mon it will take three/four smaller logs at a time, but you WOULD say that, you have truncators to sell truncator. They look very good by the way.

And true, it may be a touch slower than your system, or anyone else's here for that matter, but speed isn't everything. Mine will be FREE, 100% bio degradable and I bet I will sell a few too, because they look cool, and no plastic, no metal. I don't like metal anywhere near my chain.

One of these down at my log store and thrown into the truck for odd jobs will do me fine!

Now c'mon it will take three/four smaller logs at a time, but you WOULD say that, you have truncators to sell truncator. They look very good by the way.

And true, it may be a touch slower than your system, or anyone else's here for that matter, but speed isn't everything. Mine will be FREE, 100% bio degradable and I bet I will sell a few too, because they look cool, and no plastic, no metal. I don't like metal anywhere near my chain.

One of these down at my log store and thrown into the truck for odd jobs will do me fine!

Good Call! there is definitely an art there making a bench thats' level and stable all by hand! and yours is definitely more degradable! How long does it last?

I'm with 1000% who ever thought metal for a sawhorse was a good idea was nuts!!

Good Call! there is definitely an art there making a bench thats' level and stable all by hand! and yours is definitely more degradable! How long does it last?

I'm with 1000% who ever thought metal for a sawhorse was a good idea was nuts!!

I'm not doing it by hand, bollocks to that, chainsaw and power drill version. It will probably last a couple of years, or four, depending on how many accidental nicks it gets.

I'm not doing it by hand, bollocks to that, chainsaw and power drill version. It will probably last a couple of years, or four, depending on how many accidental nicks it gets.

You...... :001_smile: I thought it was your video and you were making these by hand! It's crazy madness to go through the hours and hours of hand made craftsmanship to then just to go flipping use a chainsaw!

Why not just use power tools from the start!!