Stihl ts410

Mull

The other checks are is the cylinder bolted down tight.

And is the spark plug all good.

Other than a tester you will have to take the cylinder off and check it over, not an easy job on the cut off saws.

Although the de comp may look good it may not be working right. If the saw is worth the effort then replace it.

The pots a pistons on the cut off saws are a bit pricey. But I would swear very clear of anything cheap. It will not be worth it, trust me. I done an experiment with these cheap ones. And nothing under the 80 quid mark lasted more than 30 seconds.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The other checks are is the cylinder bolted down tight.

And is the spark plug all good.

Other than a tester you will have to take the cylinder off and check it over, not an easy job on the cut off saws.

Although the de comp may look good it may not be working right. If the saw is worth the effort then replace it.

The pots a pistons on the cut off saws are a bit pricey. But I would swear very clear of anything cheap. It will not be worth it, trust me. I done an experiment with these cheap ones. And nothing under the 80 quid mark lasted more than 30 seconds.

When turning it over by hand it feels a bit sloppy when piston is at the top of its stroke, like big end sloppy, not sure.

Take the pot off and have a look. Best I can offer I'm affraid. Will just have to investigate. :thumbup1:

Pot off! Not good, similar scores in pot😔

Rings have been nipped and are jammed where the gouges are. Wee chunk of metal lying in crank case.

££££££££'s

You have perfect pics of classic circlip damage.

I am not sure if the standard Stihl piston should have the tabbed circlips as they generally fit the non tabbed ones - it is Husqvarna and aftermarket that generally have this type of circlip!

Others may have done TS410s before!

Just looked at the IPL - the original has a non tabbed circlip - your machine has an aftermarket kit on it!

Edited by spudulike

STIHL TS410 CYLINDER KIT 50MM NISC COATED 12 MONTH WARRANTY NEW

Try this fella, I had an issue with a kit I purchased and got a full refund but have since purchased much more kit over a long period of time with no issue.

Good service goes a long way if you are unfortunate enough to have a failure!

He trades as "Tesgol" on ebay!