posh autosplit kindling machin

kindlett

Yes it will, never actually done it with mine but its just a matter of turning the size dial on top of the machine! From what I was told when I went to see the machine at wilsons the electric one ie slightly slower than the tractor model, so more suited to being used by one person! Also have a friend in cornwall who has had both versions and he said they were both excellent!

I've got the single phase machine. Its brilliant with round wood and the output really increases with larger diameter rings (around 10" max i think from memory).

I only ever demo'd a pto machine and initially i was disappointed at the single phase machine speed, but when i started using it, it is perfect. I loose fill 65x40 nets and pack them full and get an output of 50 nets an hour easily.

I didn't get on with joinery offcuts though. I've got loads of 4x2's but the output and hassle wasn't worth it.

We produce 61/4" with our kindlett. Can you do neat stacked bags with the Posch or is it just random loose stuff. Can the Posch do joinery off cuts at all.

Yes, with the posch machine, you can fold the discharge chute out of the way to fill loose nets, or fold the shoot back down for neatly stacked nets. Very simple.

It did make the 4x2's into kindling but i found the output slow and the timber being fed in on the conveyor would sometimes twist slightly and then cause a jam. It may have been down to the timber itself not being so straight grained.

As i understand you are milling poplar for the kindling machine, so if you could cut big slabs (like the size of half a concrete block) i bet it would fly them through. Because of the volume of timber going into the machine, your output would constantly be high.

If you're ever going over the severn bridge into south wales, bring a couple of big lumps with you and pop in and try it.